GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardening with possums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/176354-gardening-possums.html)

Rosalie Joy Ballantyne 27-06-2008 08:37 AM

Gardening with possums

Hi,

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

RJ

[email protected] 27-06-2008 02:53 PM

Gardening with possums

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:00:13 +1000, Erik Vastmasd
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:37:44 GMT,when reading "aus.gardens", I'm certain
I caught a glimpse of ""Rosalie Joy Ballantyne" "
saying:

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

Firstly what type of plants are you wanting to grow, trees, shrubs or
vegetables?

I don't often suffer possums because I have dogs but my neighbours often
ask to borrow my possum trap so the possums they catch can be introduced
to a local pot

Jeßus[_2_] 27-06-2008 07:12 PM

Gardening with possums

Rosalie Joy Ballantyne wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

Tell the possums politely that you can do all the gardening by yourself?

--
"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil
Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

[email protected] 28-06-2008 07:56 AM

Gardening with possums

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:37:44 GMT, "Rosalie Joy Ballantyne" wrote:

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

Try a rock garden.

Jon[_5_] 24-07-2008 03:16 AM

Gardening with possums

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:37:44 GMT, "Rosalie Joy Ballantyne" wrote:

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

Try a rock garden.

Get a dog, make sure he cant get into the garden, and see hints on
gardening with dogs.(grin)

Jon[_5_] 24-07-2008 03:19 AM

Gardening with possums

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:37:44 GMT, "Rosalie Joy Ballantyne" wrote:

I'm trying to get a bit of a garden going and for the first time have to
deal with possums. I'm looking for plants that have low appeal to possums
and that don't require lots of attention or water. Any ideas?

Try a rock garden.

Actually, possums make great fertiliser.
Its the only way to garden.

[email protected] 24-07-2008 01:47 PM

Gardening with possums

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:19:51 +1000, Jon wrote:

Actually, possums make great fertiliser.
Its the only way to garden.

Shoot one and drop it in the hole before planting.

Jon[_5_] 24-07-2008 02:52 PM

Gardening with possums

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:19:51 +1000, Jon wrote:

Actually, possums make great fertiliser.
Its the only way to garden.

Shoot one and drop it in the hole before planting.

Why stop at one? It might be big garden! I hope they've got enough possums!