Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2008, 10:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Aug 2006
Posts: 276
Default Potatoes

Chookie writes:
In article ,
"FarmI" [email protected] be given wrote:

As a rural New South Wales rural dweller, I feel very ticked off to have my
State reduced in status to equate with that boring cesspool located on the
central NSW coastline.


Ahem!

Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.


Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)
--
John Savage (my news address is not valid for email)

  #32   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2008, 12:31 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Potatoes

"terryc" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:19:53 +1000, FarmI wrote:

I still couldn't engage
the youngsters as all attention then turned to the photo.


Ask them if they play any mmmorpg games?
See if it has a free trial and play it.


Jeeze! I have enough trouble getting them to speak English without starting
to use a foreign language myself!


  #33   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2008, 06:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2008
Posts: 114
Default Potatoes

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:06 +0000, John Savage wrote:


Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.


Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)


I'll take Cessnock over Sydney any day.

  #34   Report Post  
Old 28-07-2008, 07:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default Potatoes

terryc wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:06 +0000, John Savage wrote:


Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.

Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)


I'll take Cessnock over Sydney any day.

Ask some of the g*ys about boring...
Its the boring capital of australia.
I'm prejudiced of course living in Melbourne.
Bigger bay, bigger bridge bigger crooks
and maybe even bigger bridge, but not even wanting to go there wouldnt know.
We've also got bigger mouths. Ask and Sydney sider. Thats why our
restaurants are so much better....

As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where
we sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.

  #35   Report Post  
Old 28-07-2008, 09:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2008
Posts: 114
Default Potatoes

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:20:16 +1000, Jon wrote:

As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where
we sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.


Just so 80's. Cessnock was just one location on the northwards trip from
Sydney of the green herb growing industry during the 20th Century. no idea
where it went after that, but it recently made big news about a
kilometre west of here.

Lol, we always joked about funding uni studies from small deals way back
then and to have the opportunity again sorecently. All that time that
time I was commuting to TAFE by bicycle, I could have just detoured around
a few streets.




  #36   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2008, 02:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Potatoes

"Jon" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:06 +0000, John Savage wrote:


Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.
Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)


I'll take Cessnock over Sydney any day.

Ask some of the g*ys about boring...
Its the boring capital of australia.
I'm prejudiced of course living in Melbourne.
Bigger bay, bigger bridge bigger crooks
and maybe even bigger bridge, but not even wanting to go there wouldnt
know.
We've also got bigger mouths. Ask and Sydney sider. Thats why our
restaurants are so much better....


LOL. I used to upset my Sydney born spouse by saying that if you HAD to
live in a city then I'd choose Melbourne over Sydney because it was easier
to get around, but I no longer say that. Having spent 2 days in Melbourne
recently in 40degree heat, I'd give it a wide berth too and choose Hobart.

As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where we
sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.


Surely you jest!!!!!! Victorian police wouldn't be the least bit impressed
by a few lads from Cessnock growing a few herbs. The Vic cops are more
impressed by being involved with violent murders of crims thereby cleaning
up the Melbourne streets.


  #37   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2008, 02:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Potatoes

"terryc" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:06 +0000, John Savage wrote:


Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.


Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)


I'll take Cessnock over Sydney any day.


So would I and I'd never diss Cessnock.


  #38   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2008, 11:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default Potatoes

FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:06 +0000, John Savage wrote:


Sydney is NOT a boring cesspool.
Sydney? I wondered why Farm1 was dissing *Cessnock*! :-)
I'll take Cessnock over Sydney any day.

Ask some of the g*ys about boring...
Its the boring capital of australia.
I'm prejudiced of course living in Melbourne.
Bigger bay, bigger bridge bigger crooks
and maybe even bigger bridge, but not even wanting to go there wouldnt
know.
We've also got bigger mouths. Ask and Sydney sider. Thats why our
restaurants are so much better....


LOL. I used to upset my Sydney born spouse by saying that if you HAD to
live in a city then I'd choose Melbourne over Sydney because it was easier
to get around, but I no longer say that. Having spent 2 days in Melbourne
recently in 40degree heat, I'd give it a wide berth too and choose Hobart.

As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where we
sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.


Surely you jest!!!!!! Victorian police wouldn't be the least bit impressed
by a few lads from Cessnock growing a few herbs. The Vic cops are more
impressed by being involved with violent murders of crims thereby cleaning
up the Melbourne streets.


Well this is a gardening area...All this murder and mayhem involves who
can grow the most exciting items to market.
The Cops themselves are cleaning themselves up lately....
Always a few weeds in the system...
The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out. Christine Nixon is a most
impressive weeder...

  #39   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2008, 02:19 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2008
Posts: 114
Default Potatoes

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:39:53 +1000, Jon wrote:


The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out.


Well,I don't know about Vic plods, but NSw plods were characterised to me
as "Always looking for someone to blame". So it hardly encourages
an atmosphere of openess.

  #40   Report Post  
Old 29-07-2008, 10:27 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default Potatoes

terryc wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:39:53 +1000, Jon wrote:


The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out.


Well,I don't know about Vic plods, but NSw plods were characterised to me
as "Always looking for someone to blame". So it hardly encourages
an atmosphere of openess.

That is standard deceitful human nature.
I read a book on the Sydney police enqiury fro mthe local library and it
really opens your eyes about the drug scene and attitudes and how the
crime stats are worked out. No arrests no crime etc.
I wonder how many innocents they put away.
But it would be interesting to read it again.


  #41   Report Post  
Old 30-07-2008, 12:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 129
Default Potatoes


"Jon" wrote in message
u...
terryc wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:39:53 +1000, Jon wrote:


The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out.


Well,I don't know about Vic plods, but NSw plods were characterised to me
as "Always looking for someone to blame". So it hardly encourages
an atmosphere of openess.

That is standard deceitful human nature.
I read a book on the Sydney police enqiury fro mthe local library and it
really opens your eyes about the drug scene and attitudes and how the
crime stats are worked out. No arrests no crime etc.
I wonder how many innocents they put away.
But it would be interesting to read it again.


Basicly too much power & too much time to exercise it. The officers I have
dealt with in Qld have always been professional and I have no complaints or
convictions (had to put that in).



-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
  #42   Report Post  
Old 30-07-2008, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default Potatoes

SG1 wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
u...
terryc wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:39:53 +1000, Jon wrote:


The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out.
Well,I don't know about Vic plods, but NSw plods were characterised to me
as "Always looking for someone to blame". So it hardly encourages
an atmosphere of openess.

That is standard deceitful human nature.
I read a book on the Sydney police enqiury fro mthe local library and it
really opens your eyes about the drug scene and attitudes and how the
crime stats are worked out. No arrests no crime etc.
I wonder how many innocents they put away.
But it would be interesting to read it again.


Basicly too much power & too much time to exercise it. The officers I have
dealt with in Qld have always been professional and I have no complaints or
convictions (had to put that in).




-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --

Oh yeah Queensland. Bjelke and power.
Seems they have a nice way of doing things too.
Like when I complained about some Pollie about something I got very nice
letters which contained veiled nicely done threats to "leave it alone"
and the way it was passed from department to department, with me being
kept informed seemed like it was getting to be known to all
Queenslanders. I dont think I'll set up my garden there too soon.
I figured I must have stood on some ones toes...It was a basic open
comment...

No convictions,but close when racing home to plant some seedlings on a
very hot day, but I was never caught...(grin!)
  #43   Report Post  
Old 30-07-2008, 07:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Potatoes

"Jon" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message


As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where
we sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.


Surely you jest!!!!!! Victorian police wouldn't be the least bit
impressed by a few lads from Cessnock growing a few herbs. The Vic cops
are more impressed by being involved with violent murders of crims
thereby cleaning up the Melbourne streets.

Well this is a gardening area...All this murder and mayhem involves who
can grow the most exciting items to market.


:-)) Well I understand it did make an impressive TV prog. I haven't seen
it though.

The Cops themselves are cleaning themselves up lately....
Always a few weeds in the system...
The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out. Christine Nixon is a most impressive
weeder...


Yep. Impressive all round.


  #44   Report Post  
Old 30-07-2008, 09:14 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Default Potatoes

FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message


As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats where
we sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.
Surely you jest!!!!!! Victorian police wouldn't be the least bit
impressed by a few lads from Cessnock growing a few herbs. The Vic cops
are more impressed by being involved with violent murders of crims
thereby cleaning up the Melbourne streets.

Well this is a gardening area...All this murder and mayhem involves who
can grow the most exciting items to market.


:-)) Well I understand it did make an impressive TV prog. I haven't seen
it though.

The Cops themselves are cleaning themselves up lately....
Always a few weeds in the system...
The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out. Christine Nixon is a most impressive
weeder...


Yep. Impressive all round.

You said it.
Do you reckon she should use zero ?
or Round Up ?
  #45   Report Post  
Old 30-07-2008, 10:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Potatoes

"Jon" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message


As far as Cessnock goes, its reputation is well known here. Thats
where we sourced our crims. We got the best gardeners from there as
well.
Theyre great with hydrophonics... The Police are most impressed.
Surely you jest!!!!!! Victorian police wouldn't be the least bit
impressed by a few lads from Cessnock growing a few herbs. The Vic
cops are more impressed by being involved with violent murders of crims
thereby cleaning up the Melbourne streets.
Well this is a gardening area...All this murder and mayhem involves who
can grow the most exciting items to market.


:-)) Well I understand it did make an impressive TV prog. I haven't
seen it though.

The Cops themselves are cleaning themselves up lately....
Always a few weeds in the system...
The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out. Christine Nixon is a most
impressive weeder...


Yep. Impressive all round.

You said it.
Do you reckon she should use zero ?
or Round Up ?


A controlled nuclear device might be better. Depends on the extent of the
problem.........




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Potatoes - That Eureka Moment! Glenda United Kingdom 8 19-06-2003 11:56 PM
covering potatoes IC_Gardener Edible Gardening 9 30-05-2003 07:20 PM
Getting potatoes ready Dwayne Edible Gardening 8 02-03-2003 05:39 PM
Potatoes in containers? stan Edible Gardening 6 22-02-2003 04:51 AM
"Hardening" potatoes Polar Edible Gardening 2 03-02-2003 05:10 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017