Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Potatoes [WAS Sick eggplants]

brucef weites:
What about potatoes? I was going to plant some spuds, but maybe I
should leave them a bit too?

Spuds are hardy. You have some with good-sized shoots? You can plant
them even before frosts are over. Cover with a THICK layer of straw and
they'll be protected from most frosts. Even if the young leaves emerge
and get nipped right back to ground level, the spud will soon send up
new shoots.

Just keep adding more straw as they grow to protect from frosts and
give them a head start over your neighbours.

If your seed potatoes don't yet have shoots then you should wait
until they develop before planting.

Sick eggplants brucef Australia 20 01-08-2008 03:34 AM
How to save my eggplants from rabbits? Bluebee North Carolina 18 03-06-2005 02:59 PM
Eggplants are a changeing Jim Marrs Australia 2 10-03-2005 02:07 AM
Carrots and Eggplants slider9499 Gardening 1 21-07-2003 04:52 PM
when to start peppers, eggplants inside? Bill Shoemaker Edible Gardening 4 31-01-2003 04:41 PM