Old 13-08-2008, 02:24 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default sick looking lemons

13th Aug 08

Hi All

I have a very full lemon tree with loads of fruit, but the they are being
eaten by something.
They appear to have snail like tracks on them & little brown marks but the
flesh inside is fine & not tainted at all, its just the skin.
What could it be & what is the remedy?
thanks
Sandra

Old 14-08-2008, 05:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
13th Aug 08

Hi All

I have a very full lemon tree with loads of fruit, but the they are being
eaten by something.
They appear to have snail like tracks on them & little brown marks but the
flesh inside is fine & not tainted at all, its just the skin.
What could it be & what is the remedy?
thanks
Sandra

Leaves starting to curl?
Citrus leaf miner See here
http://tinyurl.com/69j2ek
Old 14-08-2008, 06:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jon wrote:
Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
13th Aug 08

Hi All

I have a very full lemon tree with loads of fruit, but the they are
being eaten by something.
They appear to have snail like tracks on them & little brown marks but
the flesh inside is fine & not tainted at all, its just the skin.
What could it be & what is the remedy?
thanks
Sandra

Leaves starting to curl?
Citrus leaf miner See here
http://tinyurl.com/69j2ek

Or this perhaps, though I cant find if these pests are in Australia
Citrus peel miner
http://citrusent.uckac.edu/8321%20Ci...0peelminer.pdf
Old 14-08-2008, 06:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

Leaves starting to curl?
Citrus leaf miner See here
http://tinyurl.com/69j2ek

Or this perhaps, though I cant find if these pests are in Australia
Citrus peel miner
http://citrusent.uckac.edu/8321%20Ci...0peelminer.pdf

Yes they are This time of year too!

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/C107/...-checklist.pdf
Old 15-08-2008, 12:33 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Sandra Bodycoat" writes:
I have a very full lemon tree with loads of fruit, but the they are being
eaten by something.

They appear to have snail like tracks on them & little brown marks but the
flesh inside is fine & not tainted at all, its just the skin.
What could it be & what is the remedy?

There are some species of very small snails that live among the
foliage. They are difficult to poison. Search among the leaves
to see whether you can find any.

If you don't get much advice, you could try ringing Don Burke. He has
a garden phone-in program on Sydney radio 2UE Saturday and Sunday
mornings, 6-8, Sydney time. You can get the phone number from the
2UE website. He takes calls from all states.