GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pomegranite moving (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/178177-pomegranite-moving.html)

Linda[_6_] 28-08-2008 07:34 AM

Pomegranite moving

Ok, Greetings to all :-)

The small established Pomegranate tree has been transplanted, it seems to
have heaps of bare twigs...I am so tempted to prune them before its growth
spurt.
Am I doing it a favour or should leave it alone?
How much stress can a transported plant take?

Linda (never met plant or animal didn't love!)
PerthWA

loosecanon 28-08-2008 08:25 AM

Pomegranite moving

"Linda" wrote in message
Ok, Greetings to all :-)

The small established Pomegranate tree has been transplanted, it seems to
have heaps of bare twigs...I am so tempted to prune them before its growth
spurt.
Am I doing it a favour or should leave it alone?
How much stress can a transported plant take?

Linda (never met plant or animal didn't love!)
PerthWA

Personally I wouldn't prune it. Wait till it gets leaves then give it a
foliar spray of seaweed extract. Remove any dead branches in a few months.

My pomegranite has started with its leaves already. I miss having the fruit
around and I'm still looking for a way to preserve the juice.

Liam 04-09-2008 02:47 AM

Pomegranite moving

"Loosecanon" wrote in message

My pomegranite has started with its leaves already. I miss having the
fruit around and I'm still looking for a way to preserve the juice.

You can make a "Pomegranate Molasses" with the juice by reducing it with
come sugar. Great for salad dressings / cordials etc.

Taken from
http://www.smh.com.au/news/recipes/p...788020383.html
Pomegranate molasses
1.5 litres (6 cups) pomegranate juice
250ml (1 cup) lemon juice
220g (1 cup) caster sugar

Place all the ingredients in an enamel saucepan over a medium heat, stirring
to dissolve the sugar.

Once the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and
simmer for 1.5-2 hours, or until reduced to approximately 500ml (2 cups).

Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely before placing in a
jar. Keep refrigerated.