Old 18-09-2008, 04:50 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Spring is here?

The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a north
wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the greater
good.

Yippeeee spring IS here!

David

Old 18-09-2008, 11:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

Spring has sprung
The grass has Rizz
I wonder where the mower izz
Old 18-09-2008, 11:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:50:01 +1000, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a north
wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the greater
good.

You must be down south, near my place in Sydney the wisteria are in full bloom.

Old 19-09-2008, 02:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north
wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week
they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater
good.

You must be down south, near my place in Sydney the wisteria are in full
bloom.

No, north of Newcastle in an odd microclimate.

David

Old 19-09-2008, 07:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north
wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week
they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater
good.

You must be down south, near my place in Sydney the wisteria are in full
bloom.

:-)) If my memory serves me correctly, he's actually to the north of
Sydney.

Old 19-09-2008, 07:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north wind produced the first hot day.

Yep.

Maybe spring is here?

I'm not trusting it yet.

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater good.

Bugger! Nothing like that here yet! I don't want to hear about how
delicious all this produce is (at least not till I can get some too).

Yippeeee spring IS here!

Bitch, mumble, groan.

Old 21-09-2008, 05:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week they
too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater good.

Yippeeee spring IS here!

David

Just wondering when is the Spring Solstice? Is it September 21st?
Well you wouldn't know it here in Perth! It's cold, windy and miserable.
I wanna move to Queensland!!!

Linda

Old 21-09-2008, 02:53 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda" wrote in message

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week
they too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater good.

Yippeeee spring IS here!

David

Just wondering when is the Spring Solstice? Is it September 21st?
Well you wouldn't know it here in Perth! It's cold, windy and miserable.
I wanna move to Queensland!!!

Linda

Supposed to be the 21st, I doubt that it has any significance.

David

Old 21-09-2008, 10:57 PM posted to aus.gardens

David

Just wondering when is the Spring Solstice? Is it September 21st?
Well you wouldn't know it here in Perth! It's cold, windy and miserable.
I wanna move to Queensland!!!

Linda

Supposed to be the 21st, I doubt that it has any significance.

David

Except for an excuse to have a bit more fun. .........
Old 22-09-2008, 12:06 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

Supposed to be the 21st, I doubt that it has any significance.

It seems to have done so here. Yesterday I went over to talk severely to my
aspargus and upbraid it for not yet giving me a meal. To my delight, the
bed was covered in spears when only a few days ago there wasn't a sign of
them.

I think I have to now agree that Spring is here. As the revered Pete would
say, "Now it's on for young and old".

Old 22-09-2008, 09:39 AM posted to aus.gardens

Stop being so hard on your asparagus! Asparagus have feelings!!!
love
ACTV (against cruelty to Veggies!)
Linda :-)

Old 22-09-2008, 11:29 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda" wrote in message

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
The trees and shrubs are all shooting, wisteria buds are opening and a
north wind produced the first hot day.

Maybe spring is here?

We feast on asparagus daily and the artichokes are budding, next week
they too will begin to lay down their greeny-purple little lives for the
greater good.

Yippeeee spring IS here!

David

Just wondering when is the Spring Solstice?

"equinox" :-)
kylie

Is it September 21st?
Well you wouldn't know it here in Perth! It's cold, windy and miserable.
I wanna move to Queensland!!!

Linda

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
Spring is here R&V Childers Orchids 0 18-03-2003 06:08 AM
A memory of spring, and a time to rejoice for just being here madgard Gardening 2 10-03-2003 10:32 PM
Spring is here! Diamond Ponds (alternative) 3 15-02-2003 03:59 PM
No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6 MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 09-02-2003 06:55 PM