GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/179398-lawn-advice.html)

[email protected] 25-10-2008 07:02 AM

Lawn advice

Hi - my first post here. I live on the far Sth Coast of NSW and would
like advice on a low-mow, low water lawn grass. TIA
David

[email protected] 25-10-2008 09:44 AM

Lawn advice

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:02:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi - my first post here. I live on the far Sth Coast of NSW and would
like advice on a low-mow, low water lawn grass. TIA
David

Lay some green pavers.

loosecanon 25-10-2008 10:57 AM

Lawn advice

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:02:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi - my first post here. I live on the far Sth Coast of NSW and would
like advice on a low-mow, low water lawn grass. TIA
David

Lay some green pavers.

Some friends put down astroturf works good too.

Blaircam[_2_] 27-10-2008 01:42 AM

Lawn advice

Are you sure you guys are on the right group?
;-)
Personally I'd look at a Zoysia first, then maybe one of the soft-leaf
buffaloes.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 28-10-2008 05:17 AM

Lawn advice

wrote in message
Hi - my first post here. I live on the far Sth Coast of NSW and would
like advice on a low-mow, low water lawn grass. TIA
David

I cannot help with details of lawn species but if you want low maintenance
and low water consumption there are better choices than lawn to cover your
ground. The exception is where you need an area for sports or children's
play where lawn is the most durable growing cover, even so once it is in
regular use you will get wear areas that need renovation. There is no such
thing as a growing ground cover that is perfect in all respects. As others
have said non-growing cover may be better in some cases.

David (the other one)