Old 18-11-2008, 02:17 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default New Frog Pond

Gidday - Have set up frog pond but no frogs yet. Put 10 white
mountain minnows in, and they are alive and kicking. I will just wait
till frogs hop in and do their stuff or has anyone got info on where I
can get Westmead/Parramatta tadpoles? Thanks

Old 21-11-2008, 10:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

crusher wrote:
Gidday - Have set up frog pond but no frogs yet. *Put 10 white
mountain minnows in, and they are alive and kicking. *I will just wait
till frogs hop in and do their stuff or has anyone got info on where I
can get Westmead/Parramatta tadpoles? *Thanks- Hide quoted text -

nope - recommended compatible with frogs. chucked them in to see if
my frog-pond could sustain animals. No belly--ups and there is heaps
of algae. Water was pretty murky but has now cleared and I can see
the bottom. Thanks for your input.
Old 22-11-2008, 08:40 PM posted to aus.gardens

I think you'll have trouble getting tadpoles from somewhere else mainly
because I think it's illegal to take them from anywhere now! I think the
frogs will turn up sooner or later. It would have been sooner if we were
still in the middle of the drought but I suspect they have more water
sources to choose from at the moment, and I also suspect their numbers
haven't built up yet. My place has been visited by frogs (I don't have a
pond) but not very many yet. Be patient, they'll turn up. Enjoy the pond
and minnows in the meantime. Have you got water plants??

crusher wrote:
Gidday - Have set up frog pond but no frogs yet. Put 10 white
mountain minnows in, and they are alive and kicking. I will just wait
till frogs hop in and do their stuff or has anyone got info on where I
can get Westmead/Parramatta tadpoles? Thanks

Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 06:18 PM
Frog Pond Pat Robinson Australia 7 24-11-2003 05:42 AM
New Pond Frog Invasion Leon Ponds 8 07-11-2003 05:42 PM
Pond "frog shelf"......ideas wanted jammer Ponds 1 03-11-2003 06:13 AM
New Pond Frog Invasion Leon Ponds (alternative) 4 17-10-2003 03:02 AM