Old 24-12-2008, 01:53 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Kikuyu Grass and Buffalo Grass War

Hello,

My front nature strips are fairly large - originally the lawn had buffalo
grass - but the previous tenant I rented the place out to - decided to cut
long strips of the grass away for his own home. Fat ******* who works for
Amway as a big leader.

There were big patches and I unwisely decided to take some overgrown council
kikuyu grass and transplanted them on the bare patches.

That was about 10 years ago. I've since realized the error of doing that.

The kikuyu and buffalo are now fighting for control. How can I assist the
Buffalo in winning?

Old 25-12-2008, 01:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

YMC wrote:
Hello,

My front nature strips are fairly large - originally the lawn had
buffalo grass - but the previous tenant I rented the place out to -
decided to cut long strips of the grass away for his own home. Fat
******* who works for Amway as a big leader.

There were big patches and I unwisely decided to take some overgrown
council kikuyu grass and transplanted them on the bare patches.

That was about 10 years ago. I've since realized the error of doing
that.

The kikuyu and buffalo are now fighting for control. How can I assist
the Buffalo in winning?

You cannot do it other than sterilise the whole lot and start again.

David

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --

Buffalo Grass lawns - was: Establishing/nurturing a lawn of St Augustine grass Felix Karpfen Gardening 0 21-03-2004 08:42 PM
KIKUYU GRASS Blue Gardening 0 27-01-2004 03:12 AM
Kikuyu Grass Rod Australia 13 24-10-2003 02:12 AM
Burclover in kikuyu grass The Real Bev Gardening 0 12-10-2003 04:22 AM
removing kikuyu grass Jerome Morrow Australia 9 18-04-2003 02:08 AM