Old 22-02-2009, 11:36 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Summer growth

After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth spurt. The
grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so happy. I have some
new species in the shrubs near the house so now the dawn chorus has another
voice. I wonder if any of them are going for the opportunity of another
breeding season. The more there are to pick over the manure the better. I
feel so much more comfortable than a month ago and not just because it is
cooler. Now I just need to get my winter veges started.

David

Old 28-02-2009, 12:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth spurt.
The grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so happy. I
have some new species in the shrubs near the house so now the dawn chorus
has another voice. I wonder if any of them are going for the opportunity
of another breeding season. The more there are to pick over the manure
the better. I feel so much more comfortable than a month ago and not just
because it is cooler. Now I just need to get my winter veges started.

David

*big sigh* you're in love with your garden too!
Isn't it just wonderful!
Nothing brings greater joy than toiling in the garden and seeing
and feeling the joy of every new blossom, every new shoot.
If there's an afterlife I want to be one of Gods gardeners.
Linda

Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

g'day david,

we have had some useful rain here to set us up for autumn, so we too
are readying for the winter grwoing season. miss being in the country
where there was a myriod of birds to not only greet our mornings but
all thorugh the day to share their songs with us.

If we are faithful and love God we will be able to be part of this
promise. our blessings are the providence of our gardening efforts.

happy gardening

Isaiah
65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit [them]; and they
shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble;
for they [are] the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their
offspring with them.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:36:09 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth spurt. The
grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so happy. I have some
new species in the shrubs near the house so now the dawn chorus has another
voice. I wonder if any of them are going for the opportunity of another
breeding season. The more there are to pick over the manure the better. I
feel so much more comfortable than a month ago and not just because it is
cooler. Now I just need to get my winter veges started.

David

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth spurt.
The grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so happy. I
have some new species in the shrubs near the house so now the dawn chorus
has another voice. I wonder if any of them are going for the opportunity
of another breeding season. The more there are to pick over the manure
the better. I feel so much more comfortable than a month ago and not just
because it is cooler. Now I just need to get my winter veges started.

Skite! Mutter, mumble, grumble as my garden becomes desiccated.....

Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day katherine,

we would like to invite you to join us for chat on the
"yahoo.com/group/Christian_country_living" group.

God Bless

snipped

Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth
spurt. The grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so
happy. I have some new species in the shrubs near the house so now
the dawn chorus has another voice. I wonder if any of them are
going for the opportunity of another breeding season. The more
there are to pick over the manure the better. I feel so much more
comfortable than a month ago and not just because it is cooler. Now
I just need to get my winter veges started.

Skite! Mutter, mumble, grumble as my garden becomes desiccated.....

Most excellent spouse was weeding the flower garden yesterday while I was
inside. She came in and announced weeding was over for the day. Why? Big
black snake. Summer isn't over yet.

David