Old 22-03-2009, 10:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Snakes

a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
NWF (Dont ask)

Why not (ask, that is)?

(quizzical look)
annonnymous

As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

Old 23-03-2009, 01:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
NWF (Dont ask)

Why not (ask, that is)?

(quizzical look)
annonnymous

As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

lol
Shame on you
A typical male response

And a typical female. Youre dying to know!

keep smiling
annonnymouse

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you....
I dont think you'd like that or want to know it that desperately....

Old 23-03-2009, 04:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
NWF (Dont ask)

Why not (ask, that is)?

(quizzical look)
annonnymous
As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

lol
Shame on you
A typical male response

And a typical female. Youre dying to know!

A male chauvinist yet?
Thought you were at least a metrosexual with a sense of humour!

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you....

With the sound of the vacuum cleaner ringing in my ears and the washing
machine chattering away, death seems reasonable at the moment. Only the
cuppa coffee keeping me sane / alive

I dont think you'd like that or want to know it that desperately....

You west aussies are very macho
Then you don't have football teams either
At least not like the mighty Bombers!

annonnymouse
(kicking with the best of them)
Old 23-03-2009, 05:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
NWF (Dont ask)

Why not (ask, that is)?

(quizzical look)
annonnymous
As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

lol
Shame on you
A typical male response

And a typical female. Youre dying to know!

A male chauvinist yet?

Better to be a male chauvenist than a female one! I was last time I
looked....
Thought you were at least a metrosexual with a sense of humour!

I wus only kidding.
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you....

With the sound of the vacuum cleaner ringing in my ears and the washing
machine chattering away, death seems reasonable at the moment. Only the
cuppa coffee keeping me sane / alive

If you continue doing what youre doing youl'l continue to get what youre
getting.

I dont think you'd like that or want to know it that desperately....

You west aussies are very macho

Ima in Melbourne, where football is football and we vote by colour in
numbers, and end up wid the loosers we have in parliment.
I haf to be macho. Otherwise I couldnt sneak a water hose out in the
dead of night to water me garden, to cram on a train wid thousands of
sardines and ration my electricity when we need it most with my air
conditioners shut down, when told "shel'l be right" by those wimps in
Spring Street. Where dams are damned bfore theyre bilt. And were nearly
broke up to the hilt. Wait till next elections. Well be dealt another
bunch of wimps weve never eard of, but are asked to vote for...
When things go wrong they tell us were the cause, cut down on this or
that. I'm moving out to the country at least theyl'l tell you when a
power company is shutting down supplies.
See I'm a melburnite. We all wanna move...

Then you don't have football teams either
At least not like the mighty Bombers!

annonnymouse
(kicking with the best of them)

I wus only kidding.

I used to back the bombers.

But they ran out of sheedies.

Old 23-03-2009, 05:59 PM posted to aus.gardens

a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
NWF (Dont ask)

Why not (ask, that is)?

(quizzical look)
annonnymous
As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

lol
Shame on you
A typical male response

And a typical female. Youre dying to know!

A male chauvinist yet?
Thought you were at least a metrosexual with a sense of humour!

Now now pussycat the claws are out...
Putting labels on me yet. Thats like calling me names.
Er I just did too....sorry.

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you....

With the sound of the vacuum cleaner ringing in my ears and the washing
machine chattering away, death seems reasonable at the moment. Only the
cuppa coffee keeping me sane / alive

If you continue to do, what you continue to do, you continue to get,
what you continue to get. Vacuum cleaners suck. Polished floor boards
for me. Have two cuppas and your eyes will open. If you dont like doing
it, pay someone to do so, and have a friend into the bargain...

I dont think you'd like that or want to know it that desperately....

You west Aussies are very macho

Im an Essendon supporter, (living in Melb. Northern burbs) or was it a
Sheedy supporter, then I realised it was all about the money, my money
they wanted. They now have no support, as they are not even close to
winning...
Its time to cut their hierarchy, and a very close cut is needed.
Call in Steve Vizard. He's used to a bit of fun and sabotage it seems.

Then you don't have football teams either
At least not like the mighty Bombers!

I wont say you got it wrong, as I mite git killed.
annonnymouse
(kicking with the best of them)

What position do you play?
Old 23-03-2009, 08:42 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Mar 10, 10:15*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
Are there any amateur herpitologists reading here?

Yesterday just after having spent hours working in a particular spot, I saw
a Tiger Snake there. *When I told my husband he said, "But he's such a
friendly snake". * *(And to think I've been married to this goose of a man
for nearly 40 years!)

Anyway, I was telling a neighbour this tale of husband silliness and they
said that snakes are cranky at the moment as it's breeding season. *My
response was that I thought they bred earlier in the season. *Neighbour then
said that it could be that they are shedding their skins now and that is why
they are cranky. *I checked with a friend whose son has pythons and she said
they do get cranky when they shed their skins and that she once had to help
to wrestle a snake into a bathtub to aid it when it failed to shed as it
should and it got super cranky.

The sum total of this all these exchanges made me realise that although I
frequently see snakes, I don't know *lot about them. *I know a fair amount
about the birds and other animals aroudn here but not snakes.

Does anyone know anythign about the life cycle of snakes? *Or a good book on
the subject?

Rick Shine, University of Sydney, has written a very readable book on
the subject. Shine, R. 1993. Australian Snakes. A Natural History.
Revised Edition, 223 pages, Reed Books, Sydney. Reprinted, 1994.
Published by New Holland Press, 1998. Reprinted 1999 and 2001.

Tish
Old 25-03-2009, 05:30 AM posted to aus.gardens

jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:

hack

As part of a secret society of men, I cant let you know this one.

lol
Shame on you
A typical male response
And a typical female. Youre dying to know!

A male chauvinist yet?

Better to be a male chauvenist than a female one! I was last time I
looked....
Thought you were at least a metrosexual with a sense of humour!

I wus only kidding.

About having a sense of humour?

[hack]

If you continue doing what youre doing youl'l continue to get what youre
getting.

That's the problem; I'm not!

I dont think you'd like that or want to know it that desperately....

[shrug] Is it worth knowing such that one would be desperate?

Ima in Melbourne

hack Vitoriana

See I'm a melburnite. We all wanna move...

There there ... don't cry.
We can't all live in the heavenly state/s
Some people are in purgatory
And then there are the Victorians ;P

I wus only kidding.

Kidding ... is that done by the nanny or billy goat?

I used to back the bombers.

They should have moved Sheedy a lot earlier. he was a good player and
coach. Unfortunately he passed his "use by date". However he was not
smart enough to recognise this and the club did not have those two litle
things men love, to take the necessary steps.

keep smilin'
annonnymouse

Old 25-03-2009, 05:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:

[hack]

A male chauvinist yet?
Thought you were at least a metrosexual with a sense of humour!

Now now pussycat the claws are out...
Putting labels on me yet. Thats like calling me names.
Er I just did too....sorry.

Apology accepted ;-)

[hack]

(kicking with the best of them)

What position do you play?

left right out ;-p

keep smilin'
annonnymouse
Old 25-03-2009, 09:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in

Tiger Snake related websites: "
==================
OR (from the same enquiry):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_snake

and surprise!!
"Habitat

Tiger snakes are found in coastal environments, wetlands, and creeks where
they often form territories. Areas with an abundance of prey, such as
frogs, can support large populations. The species' distribution extends
from the south of Western Australia through to South Australia, Tasmania,
up through Victoria, and New South Wales. Its common habitat includes the
coastal areas of Australia."
================
AND on BREEDING (from Google):

tiger snake breeding

"Breeding

Sexual actvity is sporadic throughout summer and reaches a peak in late
January and February. Mating may last for up to 7 hours, the female
occasionally dragging the male about. Males don't eat during periods of
sexual activity. Females stop eating 3-4 weeks before giving birth. Female
litter sizes have been recorded as high as 126 young, and litter size is
often related to female body size. Tiger snakes from small islands produce
fewer, larger young. Baby tiger snakes when born are 215 - 270 mm in
length. Females produce young at best every second year. There is no
maternal care amongst Tiger snakes. Tiger snakes do not become more
aggressive during the breeding season, but a male snake tracking a female
may well have his mind on other things and may be more easily surprised or
be in an unfamiliar environment. He may consequently be more nervous if
disturbed."
==============

Trust this helps in answering your question and meets your needs?

No it doesn't. That information is even more limited that the information
that I already know about the Notechis that live in my area.

That is why I asked the questions that I did.

Old 25-03-2009, 09:48 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

------------------------------------
Thank you for the recommendation Tish. Doing a google, I see that
Shimne's book gets lots of recommendations in the various snake groups.
Sounds good and it certainly features more that books I have on the subject.

Old 29-03-2009, 05:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in

Trust this helps in answering your question and meets your needs?

No it doesn't. That information is even more limited that the information
that I already know about the Notechis that live in my area.

That is why I asked the questions that I did.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to provide the information
you required in the format you wanted.

annonnymouse
Old 29-03-2009, 07:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in

Trust this helps in answering your question and meets your needs?

No it doesn't. That information is even more limited that the
information that I already know about the Notechis that live in my area.

That is why I asked the questions that I did.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to provide the information
you required in the format you wanted.

No need to apologise. Usenet is full of people who don't understand what is
being asked.

Old 29-03-2009, 11:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"a_nonny_mouse" wrote in
Trust this helps in answering your question and meets your needs?
No it doesn't. That information is even more limited that the
information that I already know about the Notechis that live in my area
That is why I asked the questions that I did.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to provide the information
you required in the format you wanted.

No need to apologise. Usenet is full of people who don't understand what is
being asked.

OK
np
I understand what you say, 'cos those people are probably only exceeded
in number by posters who don't know how to express their questions with
the clarity necessary to ensure responses will meet their needs.
Suspect we are on the same wavelength ;-P

keep smiling
annonnymouse
Old 29-03-2009, 11:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Snakes ... ping jonno

a_nonny_mouse wrote:
jonno wrote:
a_nonny_mouse wrote:

hack

[hack]

I wus only kidding.

Kidding ... is that done by the nanny or billy goat?

Did I milk that one for more than it was worth?

I used to back the bombers.

They should have moved Sheedy a lot earlier. he was a good player and
coach. Unfortunately he passed his "use by date". However he was not
smart enough to recognise this and the club did not have those two litle
things men love, to take the necessary steps.

'ello ... 'ello ...
still there?
Would it help if I retracted the Sheedy comments?
(though in keeping with the topic of this ng, it was really time he was
transplanted to allow fresh growth .. for him and the Bombers)

keep smiling
annonnymouse