Old 26-03-2009, 11:10 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Slow Learner

Greetings to all :-)
I have bought about 4 Lassiandra Tibouchina 'Jazzie' all within 2 weeks of
each other.
Not long after I brought the first one home I watered it and saw it die
before my very eyes!
This pattern continued until the last one I bought. Then I had a light bulb
moment... I finally clicked that maybe the tap water
needs to sit for a while.
Three weeks on and Jazzie is alive and well!!
BTW I live in Perth.
Does anyone know of any other plants that are sensitive to tap water?

Happy gardening :-)

Linda

Old 26-03-2009, 11:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda" wrote in message
Greetings to all :-)
I have bought about 4 Lassiandra Tibouchina 'Jazzie' all within 2 weeks of
each other.
Not long after I brought the first one home I watered it and saw it die
before my very eyes!
This pattern continued until the last one I bought. Then I had a light
bulb moment... I finally clicked that maybe the tap water
needs to sit for a while.
Three weeks on and Jazzie is alive and well!!
BTW I live in Perth.
Does anyone know of any other plants that are sensitive to tap water?

Happy gardening :-)

Linda

Tap water in Perth is alkaline, high in chlorine and Floride all killers of
plants.

Old 26-03-2009, 06:18 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day linda,

in the past here in brissy, (only chlorine in the water at that time)
i've noticed that plants stay alive when watered with town water but
don't realy thrive. nowadays i have a rainwater tanks so no problems
ever.

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:10:24 +0900, "Linda"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 09-04-2009, 08:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

Many thanx to all .....so it IS the water!!!
Damn! well at least now I know *shrug*

Linda (now watering from the bucket *sigh*)

wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Lotus Pond is Looking Mighty Slow Nedra Ponds 14 23-04-2003 06:20 PM
[IBC] Full Moon = Slow List John NJ Bonsai 3 20-03-2003 05:56 PM
OT - Read em slow RichToyBox Ponds 0 04-03-2003 02:28 AM
Slow Germinating Tomatoes? Fleemo Gardening 5 03-03-2003 07:15 AM
Schultz "Multi Cote" Slow Release Rose & Flower Chow Shiva Roses 6 18-02-2003 07:03 PM