GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grafting citrus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/182360-grafting-citrus.html)

tathraman 06-04-2009 03:29 AM

Grafting citrus

I want to graft a lime onto a lemon. I've done a lot of searching and
haven't been able to find a site that shows in detailed diagram or
illustrations, how to do this. Can some kind gardener point me in the
right direction?
TIA
David

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 06-04-2009 07:45 AM

Grafting citrus

tathraman wrote:
I want to graft a lime onto a lemon. I've done a lot of searching and
haven't been able to find a site that shows in detailed diagram or
illustrations, how to do this. Can some kind gardener point me in the
right direction?
TIA
David

The basics are in many books, you could try your local council or TAFE
library or asked them to get some on interlibrary loan. It is a part of
TAFE horticulture courses, I was shown by a TAFE teacher but if you are in
fact at Tarthra that may be a way off. I wouild be amazed if there were not
many web site with pictures. Like this

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/...cts/98-005.htm
or
http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/.../grafting.html

David

Dave -Turner[_3_] 06-04-2009 04:45 PM

Grafting citrus

Its pretty much the same procedure as grafting an orange onto an orange, or
mandarin onto a mandarin, or lime onto a lime, so dont bother searching for
specific lime-onto-lemon grafts, just search for general citrus grafts

John Savage 09-04-2009 08:32 AM

Grafting citrus

tathraman writes:
I want to graft a lime onto a lemon.

Are you wanting to convert a young lemon tree into all lime, or
just change one brach of the lemon into a branch of lime? If the
latter, is the donor a tree in the ground, or is it a young plant
in a pot which you could move to sit right alongside the lemon tree?