GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ping Davis H-S (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/183167-ping-davis-h-s.html)

FarmI 01-05-2009 06:20 AM

Ping Davis H-S

David: ref pear ripening. My husband picked our pears ages ago because they
were breaking away at the stem when he lifted them. They weren't ripe but
are now. We stored them on bread racks under a side table in the dining
room and they are gorgeous.

It certainly took longer than the two weeks the books say it would take -
more like 3 or 4 but I didn't note a date. Will do that next year.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 02-05-2009 04:23 AM

Ping Davis H-S

FarmI wrote:
David: ref pear ripening. My husband picked our pears ages ago
because they were breaking away at the stem when he lifted them. They
weren't ripe but are now. We stored them on bread racks under a
side table in the dining room and they are gorgeous.

It certainly took longer than the two weeks the books say it would
take - more like 3 or 4 but I didn't note a date. Will do that next
year.

Thanks for information we have been doing similar experiments with fairly
good results.

Davis