GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water Chestnuts; harvest and storage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/184110-water-chestnuts%3B-harvest-storage.html)

terryc 26-05-2009 12:06 AM

Water Chestnuts; harvest and storage

Basically, how?
Well, we know how to lift them and sieve the soil for them and work all
the roots. It is how you store them from drying out.

If the corm dries out, can it be planted for new plants?

T.I.A.

loosecanon 26-05-2009 09:42 AM

"terryc" wrote in message
Basically, how?
Well, we know how to lift them and sieve the soil for them and work all
the roots. It is how you store them from drying out.

If the corm dries out, can it be planted for new plants?

T.I.A.

they can be cold stored for 6moths at 1C - 4C so that would suggest in your
fridge. Let me know if you are interested in selling some?

Cheers

Richard