Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default No winter yet

All the summer veggies (capsicum, sweet potato etc) still have leaves. I
moved the horses 3 weeks ago and the paddock they were on was still covered
but well eaten down. Today it is showing 10-15cm of new soft growth.

If this is the climate change future I can stop worrying about having enough
feed to get them through winter.

David

Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM posted to aus.gardens
len len is offline

g'day david,

give winter a chance i reckon my thinking is this one may be a one of
those short and cold ones, i'm looking to some frosts occuring by
about tuesday up here for a couple days at least.

the season has been lots warmer due to better than average rainfalls
this time of year we have had the wettest autumn in a long time but
going against the climate change fiasco it has all happened before.

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:03:41 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
All the summer veggies (capsicum, sweet potato etc) still have leaves. I
moved the horses 3 weeks ago and the paddock they were on was still
covered but well eaten down. Today it is showing 10-15cm of new soft
growth.

If this is the climate change future I can stop worrying about having
enough feed to get them through winter.

It's quite astonishing weather. We have not had to light the fire for a
month later than would be normal and there is still some pasture growth
happening as a result of the recent small amounts of rainfall we've had.
And not one frost yet! Simply amazing.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

Mutter, mutter, bitch, mumble groan!

Did you have to mention winter David! It's now arrived with a bloody
vengeance!

Freezing here and bleak now.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
Mutter, mutter, bitch, mumble groan!

Did you have to mention winter David! It's now arrived with a bloody
vengeance!

Freezing here and bleak now.

It's here. Just on sunset it's 11C and cooling quickly. The sky is clear
and the wind dropping. I am predicting frost tomorrow morning.

David

Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:07:56 +1000, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

It's here. Just on sunset it's 11C and cooling quickly. The sky is clear
and the wind dropping. I am predicting frost tomorrow morning.

It was 5°C at Fassifern station this morning, and same again this
evening when I returned. Fire is burning nicely.

Chillies have lots of flowers, some fruit coming...
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"The lawn could stand another mowing; funny, I don't even care"