GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What Flower is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/184717-what-flower.html)

blacklight[_2_] 13-06-2009 02:59 AM

What Flower is this?

Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have
uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo
.. I named it lamely ‘Evening 2’ because I can’t find its proper name
in my flower book (Bill Macoboy’s ‘What Flower Is That’). It seems to
be quite popular, have seen it many times in people’s front yard.
Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature & Wilderness

Anne Chambers[_2_] 13-06-2009 03:17 AM

What Flower is this?

blacklight wrote:
Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have
uploaded as the first picture at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo
. I named it lamely ‘Evening 2’ because I can’t find its proper name
in my flower book (Bill Macoboy’s ‘What Flower Is That’). It seems to
be quite popular, have seen it many times in people’s front yard.
Many thanks for your help - Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au
Nature& Wilderness

Looks like a canna lily.
http://www.nmessences.com/essences/o...anna_lily.html

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia

anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com

blacklight[_2_] 14-06-2009 01:43 AM

What Flower is this?

Many thanks Anne. I followed your link, and it's exactly the same
flower.
Klaus and Rusty
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au