GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orange tree leaf fall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/185013-orange-tree-leaf-fall.html)

Dan[_9_] 22-06-2009 02:46 AM

Orange tree leaf fall

Hi all,
My Washington Navel Orange tree has started shedding its leaves. Leaves have
turned yellowish and are carpeting the ground under the tree. I have five
other citrus trees including another orange and they seem to be unaffected.
I live on the Atherton Tablelands in a subtropical climate. Though the area
sometimes gets frost I am too high on the side of a hill to get frost except
in extreme conditions, and there has been no frosts this season so far.
Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause and, if so, what I can do
about it.
Thanks,
Dan

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 22-06-2009 03:03 AM

Orange tree leaf fall

Dan wrote:
Hi all,
My Washington Navel Orange tree has started shedding its leaves.
Leaves have turned yellowish and are carpeting the ground under the
tree. I have five other citrus trees including another orange and
they seem to be unaffected. I live on the Atherton Tablelands in a
subtropical climate. Though the area sometimes gets frost I am too
high on the side of a hill to get frost except in extreme conditions,
and there has been no frosts this season so far. Does anyone have any
idea what may be the cause and, if so, what I can do about it.
Thanks,
Dan

Did you just fertilise the tree? Has it been very wet lately?

David

Dan[_9_] 22-06-2009 12:19 PM

Orange tree leaf fall

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Dan wrote:
Hi all,
My Washington Navel Orange tree has started shedding its leaves.
Leaves have turned yellowish and are carpeting the ground under the
tree. I have five other citrus trees including another orange and
they seem to be unaffected. I live on the Atherton Tablelands in a
subtropical climate. Though the area sometimes gets frost I am too
high on the side of a hill to get frost except in extreme conditions,
and there has been no frosts this season so far. Does anyone have any
idea what may be the cause and, if so, what I can do about it.
Thanks,
Dan

Did you just fertilise the tree? Has it been very wet lately?

David

Hi David,
No to both. I generally fertilize when crop is finished - around September.
We had a fairly wet summer, but have had dry weather for some weeks. Another
citrus is almost touching this one and it is unaffected. A bit of a puzzler.
Cheers,
Dan

jules 27-06-2009 01:39 AM

Orange tree leaf fall

sounds like what happened to my mandarin - didn't figure it out and
couldn't save the tree. Good luck

jules