GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Secret poison (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/186603-secret-poison.html)

F Murtz 17-08-2009 11:15 AM

Secret poison

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 17-08-2009 11:45 AM

Secret poison

F Murtz wrote:
I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut
it down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

You have to give me the secret handshake before I can tell you.

David

mj 17-08-2009 01:11 PM

Secret poison

On Aug 17, 6:45*am, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut
it down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

You have to give me the secret handshake before I can tell you.

David

Ok I am shaking. We are trying to kill a pine tree. All help
appreciated.
MJ

FarmI 17-08-2009 01:48 PM

Secret poison

"F Murtz" wrote in message

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like regrowing.
What secret poison would they have used?

Probably Tree and Blackberry and other woody weed herbicide with the active
ingredient being Triclopyr.

F Murtz 17-08-2009 02:51 PM

Secret poison

FarmI wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like regrowing.
What secret poison would they have used?

Probably Tree and Blackberry and other woody weed herbicide with the active
ingredient being Triclopyr.

I just looked at my fathers poison cupboard and found blackberry and
tree killer with triclopyr and one with 2.4.5 T.
Is the second one the one they banned ? or are they both banned in
australia?
Would the 245T one be the better killer?

[email protected] 17-08-2009 10:21 PM

Secret poison

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:15:58 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Neat Roundup applied to the cut trunk immediately after cutting is very effective.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 18-08-2009 12:56 AM

Secret poison

wrote:

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I
cut it down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago
tome professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Neat Roundup applied to the cut trunk immediately after cutting is
very effective.

If applied while the tree is in its growing season.

David

FarmI 18-08-2009 01:27 AM

Secret poison

"F Murtz" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Probably Tree and Blackberry and other woody weed herbicide with the
active ingredient being Triclopyr.

I just looked at my fathers poison cupboard and found blackberry and tree
killer with triclopyr and one with 2.4.5 T.
Is the second one the one they banned ? or are they both banned in
australia?
Would the 245T one be the better killer?

Hmmm. I can't tell you I'm afraid. I do recall being surprised when I
learned that "Agent Orange" (or a close look alike) was still approved for
agricultural use in Oz but I can't recall whether Agent Orange involved 245T
or 245D or both of them. I did know at the time but it's now slipped my
memory banks.

I'd suggest you do a google to find out.

I've never used 245T so also can't comment on its effectiveness. I have
used Triclopyr and I know that it works. I use it with a paint brush as I
don't want stuff of tree killing strength to get anywhere but the target
plant.

F Murtz 18-08-2009 08:35 AM

Secret poison

wrote:
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:15:58 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Neat Roundup applied to the cut trunk immediately after cutting is very effective.

Tried that within seconds on the yucca and it did not work