Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Love is in the air

The asparagus started appearing three weeks ago which said spring is near.
Now the stone fruits are setting fruit and the quinces flowering.

To cap it off there was a big black snake in the parsnips today, fortunately
my little mate (the kelpie) told me it was there. For those not familiar
with this snake it was out and about looking for a mate. Love is in the
air......

David

Old 07-09-2009, 05:08 AM posted to aus.gardens

The birds are chirping earlier and their song is urgent and with meaning :-)
It won't be long before she's teaching them how to fly from my shrubs and
then to my trees!
Blessed am I.
Linda (WA)

Old 08-09-2009, 03:42 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:51:35 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Love is in the air? The song was terrible,

The bird song is pretty good.
We have a male pardolote that has already built his burrow and is now
looking for someone to lay eggs in it.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 AM posted to aus.gardens

terryc wrote:
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:51:35 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Love is in the air? The song was terrible,

The bird song is pretty good.
We have a male pardolote that has already built his burrow and is now
looking for someone to lay eggs in it.

The same lovesick reptile was back again today, this time in the flower
garden. I hate to kill them but if it wants to spend its time around the
house I fear that I must.

David

Old 19-10-2009, 01:59 PM posted to aus.gardens

terryc wrote:
On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:51:35 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Love is in the air? The song was terrible,

The bird song is pretty good.
We have a male pardolote that has already built his burrow and is now
looking for someone to lay eggs in it.

The same lovesick reptile was back again today, this time in the flower
garden. I hate to kill them but if it wants to spend its time around the
house I fear that I must.
Go for it. We humans aint humane anymore..
David