Old 23-09-2009, 12:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Cutting artichokes

I have let the asparagus have a rest but the artichokes are ready. Only two
so far big enough but many more in couple of days. Our WWOOFer has been
doing good work and we have been weeding, manuring and pumping water so the
gardens look good. The flowers on the fruit trees were beautiful but they
are getting badly knocked about by the wind. Today we got up to find the
sky yellow, visibility is down to about 200m. Pity the poor bugger whose
topsoil is blowing by.

David

Old 23-09-2009, 09:05 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I have let the asparagus have a rest but the artichokes are ready. Only
two so far big enough but many more in couple of days. Our WWOOFer has
been doing good work and we have been weeding, manuring and pumping water
so the gardens look good. The flowers on the fruit trees were beautiful
but they are getting badly knocked about by the wind. Today we got up to
find the sky yellow, visibility is down to about 200m. Pity the poor
bugger whose topsoil is blowing by.

But the up side of that is that you are getting free topsoil and don't even
have to spread it.

Old 24-09-2009, 02:06 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Implied warranty

Something you may all be able to use in case of a consumer appliance
meltdown.....
Implied warranty
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Australia::
In common law jurisdictions, an implied warranty is a contract law term for
certain assurances that are presumed to be made in the sale of products or
real property, due to the circumstances of the sale. These assurances are
characterized as warranties irrespective of whether the seller has expressly
promised them orally or in writing. They include an implied warranty of
fitness for a particular purpose, an implied warranty of merchantability for
products, implied warranty of workmanlike quality for services, and an
implied warranty of habitability for a home.

This means even if you have 1 year warranty, then if a device fails shortly
there after, you would still have a claim.

This would save a few dollars I hope.
Now if they could only apply this to a few ISP's we may have some defense
when we tell them to go jump...

Old 19-10-2009, 01:54 PM posted to aus.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Something you may all be able to use in case of a consumer appliance
meltdown.....
Implied warranty
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[...]

Well its better than "identify this poo!

cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 01:04 AM
Artichokes? Jan Flora Gardening 2 22-03-2003 11:56 PM
Have you ever grown Jerusalem Artichokes? Mike Davis Edible Gardening 7 13-03-2003 03:20 PM
Jerusalem Artichokes THECHILLIS United Kingdom 4 08-03-2003 10:27 PM
jerusalem artichokes Sue Chamberlain United Kingdom 6 22-02-2003 11:39 PM