Old 28-10-2009, 04:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default What's black, male and sings in the garden?

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 03:57:55 +0000, ted wrote:

i am sorry for you as you just don't get it you really don't but back
you go to your own small world and as for my state of mind are you sure
you aren't doing some mirroring there

Oh, that explains the Ted-Abigail stuff.
oooh SEXIST, SEXIST, SEXIST
Old 28-10-2009, 04:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
ted ted is offline

terryc wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 03:57:55 +0000, ted wrote:

i am sorry for you as you just don't get it you really don't but back
you go to your own small world and as for my state of mind are you sure
you aren't doing some mirroring there

Oh, that explains the Ted-Abigail stuff.
oooh SEXIST, SEXIST, SEXIST

the ted reminds me of the email addy i gave for this site as i have a
few email addys it was meant to be a prompt for me but if you have more
fun assuming i have some mental problems or i am a cross dresser or i am
not in tune with my own sexuality then you have those thoughts! i am
sure they are far more interesting to you then the real reason oh and by
the way i am sorry your parents couldn't spell as they seem to have put
a c on the end of terry i am sure you don't go through life introducing
yourself as terryc but go ahead and judge simply because i dont agree
with you indeed how dare some one call you out on something how dare one
disagree with the great terryc

Abigail
Old 28-10-2009, 05:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

ted wrote:
terryc wrote:
[...]

Please take this to email.

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia

anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com

Old 28-10-2009, 10:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

ted wrote:
terryc wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:33:42 +0000, ted wrote:

wrote:

Kamahl?

hello rainman it's a racist joke that is ment to be funny well some
find it funny. Kamahl is an is a singer in australia that happens
to have dark skin, yes we also have racists in this country that
see no wrong in making jokes like this still in 2009

but is would be okay to ask what is white, male and sings in the
garden with a reply of John Denver (or some idol idiot)?

Get over it folks. Trying not to be rascist by stridently not
describing non-white peoples skin is rascism. You are just showing
that you still categorise people by skin colour, rather than accept
it as a natural descriptor.

Anyway, technically his skin colour isn't black, but some where in
that brown to olive range.

To get back to the subject, I'm glad his bird is a Koel. Far better
than frigging black birds(bright yellow beak) who scratch up all your
seedlings.

Are tennis ball guns illegal or not sold? My throwing arm is no good
anymore.

why not just a male that sings in the garden why the colour overtones

Because the bird is black and a Koel and sings and I couldn't call him Nat
if that wasn't true.

David

Old 28-10-2009, 09:24 PM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

[...]

After reading you for so long, I'd be very surprised if the colour of the
bird was as prominent in your thought processes as this comment from you
suggests. I've never known you to be anything other than thoughtful,
articulate and aware.

I can't think of one other singer with the surname of Cole that would suit a
bird called a Koel.

There may be some such singers but none occurs to me. Being middle aged
(well, late middle age really), it is Nat (or his daughter) who immediately
came to mind when I saw your original comment.

The colour of the bird clicked in only after the original connection of
Koel/Cole - it was there of course, but not as a primary fact.

As soon as I saw the comments of Ernie Dingo and Kamahl, I too concluded
'Racism! Ernie doesn't sing so the only connection is colour. Kamahl sings
but his name sounds nothing like Koel so again the only link was colour.