Old 13-12-2009, 10:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Beans romping away

I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they can
grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24 hours in the
last couple of days.

Old 13-12-2009, 12:39 PM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they
can grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24
hours in the last couple of days.

Yes, you have to pick them regularly. I have forgotten once or twice and
they have got fat with seeds and stringy overnight. Well almost overnight.

David

Old 14-12-2009, 03:17 AM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they
can grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24
hours in the last couple of days.

Yes, you have to pick them regularly. I have forgotten once or twice and
they have got fat with seeds and stringy overnight. Well almost
overnight.

Mine are nowhere near the picking stage yet. They are just in the 'finding
the string provided to climb the frame on' stage. I am eagerly anticipating
the picking stage though.

Old 15-12-2009, 04:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

. au...
I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they can
grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24 hours in
the last couple of days.

my veggies are a little pitiful atm (how i wish it would rain!) but the
beans have just done that bean-thing you mention! it's really rather fun :-)

this year i await to see if some of the plants go weird, like with every
other year. how i wish i could work out what is going on.

i absolutely love raw beans. bliss!
kylie

Old 16-12-2009, 07:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
. au...
I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they can
grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24 hours in
the last couple of days.

my veggies are a little pitiful atm (how i wish it would rain!) but the
beans have just done that bean-thing you mention! it's really rather fun
:-)

:-)) It is,isn't it. I reckon they've grwon another 6 inches since that

this year i await to see if some of the plants go weird, like with every
other year. how i wish i could work out what is going on.

So far there have been no signs of anything weird here except for seeing the
rhubarb lying flat on its back. A bit of water fixed that problem.

i absolutely love raw beans. bliss!

Not quite as good as raw asparagus though.