GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   moving near Echuca (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/18864-moving-near-echuca.html)

Colleen M Curran 28-04-2003 11:32 AM

moving near Echuca

Hi all I will try again and see if anyone can help me. I
have recently purchased a house in Lockington, near Echuca
in Victoria.

I would like to plant a friendly garden with lots of easy to
care and maintain shrubs with some colour for interest.

I am and always have been a lover of roses and have been
told they grow well in the area as it is a clay pan.

Any suggestions please for shrubs to plant below a large
Norfolk pine. I like the rainforest look but given the area
is low rainfall and windy I wonder if there are any plants I
may be able to achieve this appearance with.
thanks in anticipation of some assistance

gleipher 07-05-2003 05:08 AM

moving near Echuca

I'm not familiar with that region of Victoria - but I've found
www.floraforfauna.com.au to be useful in narrowing down the best plants for
my area (the site just lists natives though). Probably the best thing you
could do is take a walk around your suburb and take note of what is growing
well in other peoples gardens - even do a bit of doorknocking if you're
brave enough! Most people love being able to talk about their gardens. Also,
decent nursery's in your area will be able to give you lots of local advice.

. ..