GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   germination (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/188701-germination.html)

solaara 17-12-2009 02:54 PM

germination

What temperature will germinate Waratah seeds..I live in kent.U.K. and it is winter here..Also, in what medium do I sow them...

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 18-12-2009 01:06 AM

germination

solaara wrote:
What temperature will germinate Waratah seeds..I live in kent.U.K. and
it is winter here..Also, in what medium do I sow them...

Try these:

http://www.anbg.gov.au/telopea/index.html

http://asgap.org.au/wara2.html

These groups are authoritative and I would say that absence of mention of
special techniques such as smoking, scarifying etc says that such is not
required.

I have no experience to refer to.

David