Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

Default Hot hot hot hot!

* the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
* the potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have
lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
* farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from
laying hard-boiled eggs.
* the cows are giving evaporated milk.
* the trees are whistling for the dogs.
* you no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
* you can say 48 degrees without fainting.
* you eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
* you can make instant sun tea.
* you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
* the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
* you've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in
the toilet bowl.
* you would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.
* you can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
* The 4 seasons a tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING
ME??!!
* you discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
* you discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.
* you notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead
of distance.
* hot water now comes out of both taps.
* it's noon in July, kids are on summer holidays, and not one person
is out on the streets.
* you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
* you break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before
work.
* no one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not
having air conditioning.
* your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and
end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
* you realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
* a sad Victorian once prayed, "I wish it would rain - not so much
for me, cuz I've seen it -- but for my 7-year-old."

Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM posted to aus.gardens

Ya could have edited out the very Yank bits, but all in all not toooo bad..
Me little old mum once walked into a shop in central Vic many years ago & it
was 120F inside. Don't know if she walked out though????