GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pumpkins (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/189081-pumpkins.html)

SG1[_3_] 12-01-2010 03:07 AM

Pumpkins

Put some Jarradale seeds in. 3 lots, the first plot is being attacked but
the other 2 are not. Same strip but about 2 & 4 metres away. Will be
interested if they breed true as seed from commercial crop.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 12-01-2010 05:58 AM

Pumpkins

SG1 wrote:
Put some Jarradale seeds in. 3 lots, the first plot is being attacked

By what?

but the other 2 are not. Same strip but about 2 & 4 metres away. Will
be interested if they breed true as seed from commercial crop.

I don't see F1 pumpkin seeds being offered by seed vendors, they seem to
have planty of vigour without that. So my guess is that they will breed
true.

David

SG1[_3_] 12-01-2010 10:40 AM

Pumpkins

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
SG1 wrote:
Put some Jarradale seeds in. 3 lots, the first plot is being attacked

By what?

Don't know the leaves show evidence of some chomping but no activity when I
looked. Will check in the AM.