GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What the...? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/189137-what.html)

Oscar Trint 16-01-2010 06:04 AM

What the...?

I have some white fluffy stuff on my hedge (a form of Lilli Pilli)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycho12/4277651863/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycho12/4277651539/

I presume the white dots are some sort of insect or egg. What is it?
how do I get rid of it?

Ta

Regards
Oscar

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 16-01-2010 07:28 AM

What the...?

Oscar Trint wrote:
I have some white fluffy stuff on my hedge (a form of Lilli Pilli)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycho12/4277651863/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycho12/4277651539/

I presume the white dots are some sort of insect or egg. What is it?
how do I get rid of it?

Ta

Regards
Oscar

It looks like mealy bug to me. This can be tough to eliminate unless you
are prepared to use heavy duty sprays.

David