Old 23-01-2010, 09:28 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Murraya paniculata

I was given one in a pot and seems to be doing well, with new foliage, so I
must be doing something right :-)

It is about 1-1/2 to 2 ft high, would like to take a cutting from it and
start another pot, is this possible please?

If so which part can I cut off?

Thank you in advance
Katherine

Old 25-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones View Post
I was given one in a pot and seems to be doing well, with new foliage, so I
must be doing something right :-)

It is about 1-1/2 to 2 ft high, would like to take a cutting from it and
start another pot, is this possible please?

If so which part can I cut off?

Thank you in advance
Katherine
easy peasy. take cuttings from an actively growing part of plant. it should be roughly the same thickness as a ? hmm not as thick as pencil anyway but strong enough to support itself upright. take cutting in spring/summer and remove 75 % of foliage cut on angle just below leaf bud and stick in sandy mix keep moist and wait a few weeks. i would take ten or so and expect 50 percent success.keep out of direct sun and good luck. i place shopping bag over entire pot with 5 to 20 cuttings inside and place on saucer. been a while since i have taken any murraya cuttings as my garden grown bushes are constantly self seeding. with a little help from the birds....cheers kris.
Old 27-01-2010, 02:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Thank you Kris for the tips (pardon the pun) - hints.

Regards

--
kris anthem um

Murraya Koenigii [email protected] United Kingdom 4 28-06-2012 10:23 PM
Murraya (Murraya paniculata) Marutchi Garden Photos 2 26-02-2007 10:18 PM
Murraya Blaircam Australia 3 01-01-2007 11:19 AM
Please help find Murraya koenigii Sakhiya Gardening 1 07-06-2005 05:32 PM
Please help find Murraya koenigii/curry leaf plant Sakhiya Edible Gardening 0 07-06-2005 05:14 PM