Old 26-01-2010, 01:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default The many faces of climate change.

Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it
water become artificially scarce, becuase now you havent got any water,
they start charging for it, when it used to be free.
Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on us
all?
Well that's their attitude. Who? The Governments we have voted in. Its
time for another party.
Old 26-01-2010, 03:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

Steve wrote:
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I can see how this sudden announcement would be gauling if you were relying
on that resource.

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it

Sorry I am not familiar with QLD dam building policy. What opportunity is
this? What dams is the QLD government not building?

water become artificially scarce, becuase now you havent got any
water, they start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Water is not an infinite resource. The only way to get a sensible water
policy and cost effective water use is if it has a reasonable value. If it
seems "free" to some people (nothing is ever really free) it is overused
and used on things because the opportunity is there not because there is a
good business case for doing it that way.

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on
us all?

Are you voicing an objection to two policies here or is there a connection
between water policy and carbon tax?

David

Old 26-01-2010, 03:52 AM posted to aus.gardens

You work for the government and are there to make sure you crap on any
dissension to their plans!

Lets just say you're the only one defending this.
So why not others? Easy, you're the only one who needs to.
Pull your head in.
It happens in Victoria, and soon coming to a state near you.

Old 26-01-2010, 08:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

Steve wrote:
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I can see how this sudden announcement would be gauling if you were
relying on that resource.
You mean Galling.

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it

Sorry I am not familiar with QLD dam building policy. What
opportunity is this? What dams is the QLD government not building?

Any that may be needed, and taking advantage of the drought we have at
times.
water become artificially scarce, because now you havent got any
water, they start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Water is not an infinite resource. The only way to get a sensible
water policy and cost effective water use is if it has a reasonable
value. If it seems "free" to some people (nothing is ever really
free) it is overused and used on things because the opportunity is
there not because there is a good business case for doing it that way.

Youre talking crap when we let corperations use it to drive out small
stake holders. Water is being used. If you know American history its
happening again in Australia. Water is being used to screw farmers.

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on
us all?

Are you voicing an objection to two policies here or is there a
connection between water policy and carbon tax?

You cant see this? Are you somehow being misled regarding Climate
change, water policy and attempts to gain advantages over small land
holders?

David

Old 26-01-2010, 11:34 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Steve" wrote in message
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it water
become artificially scarce, becuase now you havent got any water, they
start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Qld isn't the only place where paying for water has happened.

I remember that there used to be a 'free' water amount in the rates and you
only paid 'excess' once you went over the 'free' component. These days, my
daughter, who lives where we used to get that 'free' component, now has to
pay for ever litre of water used.

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on us
all?

Irony noted.

Well that's their attitude. Who? The Governments we have voted in. Its
time for another party.

You haven't been paying attention if you think there is any real difference.

I don't see any real reason for change of parties yet (other than your
personal political preference). I'm sure that an urgent need for change
will arise in either the next term or the one after that as governments of
every political persuasion are just like underwear: they need to be changed
often to keep them fresh and doing the job they're supposed to do.

So far I'm disappointed in Krudd's government but then I always said the
worst thing about the Howard government was that they were flea training any
future incoming gvernment and Krudd certainly learned from watching the
appalling manipulation by Howard of the Australian voter.

Howard treated Joe Voter as if he was stupid by making no loud noises or
sudden moves. His manipulation of the voting public kept voters feeling
'relaxed and comfortable' and not using their brains to actually think about
anything important. It meant his government effectively got away with doing
sod all for a whole 11 years at a time when we were going through a boom.
What a bloody waste when they could have done something effective about the
aging infrastucture of this country.

Old 26-01-2010, 11:52 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Steve" wrote in message

Steve wrote:
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I can see how this sudden announcement would be gauling if you were
relying on that resource.
You mean Galling.

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it

Sorry I am not familiar with QLD dam building policy. What opportunity
is this? What dams is the QLD government not building?

Any that may be needed, and taking advantage of the drought we have at
times.

So do you know or not? Or do you just expect people to take your word for
this lack of dam building?

water become artificially scarce, because now you havent got any
water, they start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Water is not an infinite resource. The only way to get a sensible water
policy and cost effective water use is if it has a reasonable value. If
it seems "free" to some people (nothing is ever really free) it is
overused and used on things because the opportunity is there not because
there is a good business case for doing it that way.

Youre talking crap when we let corperations use it to drive out small
stake holders. Water is being used. If you know American history its
happening again in Australia. Water is being used to screw farmers.

So which corporation/s are driving out small stake holders? How are they
driving out small stake holders? Are these corporations acting alone? Are
these corporations public or private entities or are they quangos? Are these
corporations in cohoots with the State government or with the Federal
government. Which incidents in American history are your referring to?

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on
us all?

Are you voicing an objection to two policies here or is there a
connection between water policy and carbon tax?

You cant see this?

Perhaps you could try explaining the connection.

Are you somehow being misled regarding Climate
change, water policy and attempts to gain advantages over small land
holders?

Given that in just 2 posts you've mixed into the pot Federal political
parties, State political parties, Federal environmental policy, State
environmental policy, unexplained references to both small landholders and
to American history, I haven't got a clue what you're on about. You're
clearly ****ed off and feeling upset, but you could try harder to actually
explain what the issues are rather than just spray all over the place.

Old 26-01-2010, 01:11 PM posted to aus.gardens

Steve wrote:
Steve wrote:
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I can see how this sudden announcement would be gauling if you were
relying on that resource.
You mean Galling.

Thanks I am corrected.

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it

Sorry I am not familiar with QLD dam building policy. What
opportunity is this? What dams is the QLD government not building?

Any that may be needed, and taking advantage of the drought we have at
times.

So there is no specific information on this just an allegation. I was
hoping to learn something new.

water become artificially scarce, because now you havent got any
water, they start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Water is not an infinite resource. The only way to get a sensible
water policy and cost effective water use is if it has a reasonable
value. If it seems "free" to some people (nothing is ever really
free) it is overused and used on things because the opportunity is
there not because there is a good business case for doing it that
way.

Youre talking crap when we let corperations use it to drive out small
stake holders. Water is being used. If you know American history its
happening again in Australia. Water is being used to screw farmers.

If you want to know more about why I think a resource cannot be "free" look
up the tragedy of the commons. If it has a price it has a price for
everybody including the giants and the little bloke. If it has no price it
will be used up as fast as possible before somebody else gets to it. In
this respect having no price is an advantage to the big corps because they
are in a position to exploit it faster than the small farmer.

What evidence do you have that water is being used to drive out farmers?

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on
us all?

Are you voicing an objection to two policies here or is there a
connection between water policy and carbon tax?

You cant see this? Are you somehow being misled regarding Climate
change, water policy and attempts to gain advantages over small land
holders?

So you are saying the two are related. Well explain it to me, what is going
on here, let's have more details.

David