Old 25-02-2010, 04:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default I am housebound

The upwind neighbour is spreading chicken litter, if I go out I can't
breath. Pray for rain or change of wind. Please.

On a brighter note the morning was quite cool the other day. A big heap of
cut grass was quietly steaming.

Now comes the time of year when sacrifices must be made. The summer crops
are still producing but must make way for the winter ones soon if they are
to get a move on before the cold.

David

Old 25-02-2010, 08:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
The upwind neighbour is spreading chicken litter, if I go out I can't
breath. Pray for rain or change of wind. Please.

On a brighter note the morning was quite cool the other day. A big heap
of cut grass was quietly steaming.

Now comes the time of year when sacrifices must be made. The summer
crops are still producing but must make way for the winter ones soon if
they are to get a move on before the cold.

David

Which is a good time to ask 'What is everyone planting for winter?'

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old 25-02-2010, 08:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

Trish Brown wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
The upwind neighbour is spreading chicken litter, if I go out I can't
breath. Pray for rain or change of wind. Please.

On a brighter note the morning was quite cool the other day. A big
heap of cut grass was quietly steaming.

Now comes the time of year when sacrifices must be made. The summer
crops are still producing but must make way for the winter ones soon
if they are to get a move on before the cold.

David

Which is a good time to ask 'What is everyone planting for winter?'

Just potatos. But then I only bother with potatos, tomatoes, strawberrys and lettuce.

Old 25-02-2010, 11:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Trish Brown wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
The upwind neighbour is spreading chicken litter, if I go out I can't
breath. Pray for rain or change of wind. Please.

On a brighter note the morning was quite cool the other day. A big
heap of cut grass was quietly steaming.

Now comes the time of year when sacrifices must be made. The summer
crops are still producing but must make way for the winter ones soon
if they are to get a move on before the cold.

David

Which is a good time to ask 'What is everyone planting for winter?'

Just potatos. But then I only bother with potatos, tomatoes, strawberrys
and lettuce.

I got no room to plant anything. I found some pumpkin seeds in this little
bottle in the bottom of the fridge and I said "What the hell are these - I
can't remember keeping any seeds."
Wife says uncomplimentary things about my memory and taking up space in
fridge.
I says "I'll plant them and see what type of pumpkins they are."
I planted them in a corner of the garden. Now I don't have a garden - got
damn all lawn - the cats gone missing - and I can't find the mower. Got lots
of pumpkins
Cheers,
Dan

Old 25-02-2010, 12:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
The upwind neighbour is spreading chicken litter, if I go out I can't
breath. Pray for rain or change of wind. Please.

LOL. I bought a bag of Martin's pelleted chook poo today and we were nealry
ashixiated in trying to bring it home. It was windows down the whole way so
I know just what you mean. Next time I buy it, I'll try to remember to take
my ute.

On a brighter note the morning was quite cool the other day. A big heap
of cut grass was quietly steaming.

Now comes the time of year when sacrifices must be made. The summer crops
are still producing but must make way for the winter ones soon if they are
to get a move on before the cold.

Yup. Apparenlty we only have one more corn cob to harvest and we can then
clear them out for something else to go in. Decisons, decisions.