Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old 25-05-2010, 04:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,036
Default Boots and garden safety

You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on the
edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off their
rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess where they
squit. Ain't nature grand.

David


  #2   Report Post  
Old 25-05-2010, 11:50 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 96
Default Boots and garden safety

Stop your complaining.
They could have been as big as emu's
Put a coupla stakes in the ground, and turn your boots upside down on those
Or cover em with a plastic bag.
PS please explain Whats a squitter?


"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
...
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on the
edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off their
rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess where they
squit. Ain't nature grand.

David


  #3   Report Post  
Old 25-05-2010, 11:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 65
Default Boots and garden safety

David Hare-Scott wrote:
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on
the edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off
their rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess
where they squit. Ain't nature grand.

David


Heh - sh*t happens

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia
anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com
  #4   Report Post  
Old 25-05-2010, 01:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2010
Posts: 9
Default Boots and garden safety

Jonno wrote:
Stop your complaining.
They could have been as big as emu's
Put a coupla stakes in the ground, and turn your boots upside down on those
Or cover em with a plastic bag.
PS please explain Whats a squitter?


"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
...
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of
a nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them
before putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on
the edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo
off their rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So
guess where they squit. Ain't nature grand.

David


The animals exit vent
  #5   Report Post  
Old 25-05-2010, 02:42 PM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 96
Default Boots and garden safety


"atec7 7" ""atec77\"@ hotmail.com" wrote in message
...
Jonno wrote:
Stop your complaining.
They could have been as big as emu's
Put a coupla stakes in the ground, and turn your boots upside down on
those
Or cover em with a plastic bag.
PS please explain Whats a squitter?


"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
...
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on
the edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off
their rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess
where they squit. Ain't nature grand.

David


The animals exit vent


Looks like the end of it you say?
I thought it it was a sqautter.
Having a squit.
No that would be squitter having a squat.
I'm almost convinced it would be easier to bring those boots inside.
Then you wouldnt need to worry about one nasty or another, or even have to
alert others to the norml behaviour of crazy critters that should have been
obvious....




  #6   Report Post  
Old 26-05-2010, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,358
Default Boots and garden safety

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
...
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on the
edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off their
rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess where they
squit. Ain't nature grand.


LOL. Moral of the story is to always take your boots inside. We do.


  #7   Report Post  
Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 77
Default Boots and garden safety

On 26/05/2010 10:58 AM, FarmI wrote:
"David wrote in message
...
You leave your boots outside and stand them up to reduce the chance of a
nasty (spider etc) crawling in over night: right? You shake them before
putting them on just in case and all will be well: right?

Except when they become a display platform for small birds who sit on the
edge. Apparently they face outwards to attract their mate, shoo off their
rival etc and their squitter therefore points inside. So guess where they
squit. Ain't nature grand.


LOL. Moral of the story is to always take your boots inside. We do.

No sh**? Its quite obvious.
Jonno's right again

  #8   Report Post  
Old 05-06-2010, 04:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 135
Default Boots and garden safety

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 23:38:45 +0000, PC wrote:

No sh**? Its quite obvious.


That is the question.




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win pair of Le Chameau Garden Boots [email protected] United Kingdom 0 12-02-2008 09:59 PM
Wellington Boots for the garden Bob Hobden United Kingdom 10 26-05-2007 01:33 PM
Should I have a Health and safety warning on my garden? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 16 21-10-2006 06:46 PM
Women's gardening boots ? [email protected] Gardening 0 04-10-2005 02:11 AM
Weigela - tough as old boots! MG United Kingdom 0 14-04-2003 09:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017