Old 28-05-2010, 07:28 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Eaten mint

Hi All
I have a pot of mint being eaten, there are snail/slug repellents about but
the mint in the garden isn't being touched? Why?
Sandra

Old 28-05-2010, 10:13 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
. au...
Hi All
I have a pot of mint being eaten, there are snail/slug repellents about
but the mint in the garden isn't being touched? Why?
Sandra

Is winter the mint will die down soon. Your mint in the ground has roots out
trawling for nutrients and may even see winter out. It may even have a nice
microclimate that keeps it weel. The one in the pot is probably root bound,
tired and weak and being eaten by bugs cos they do that. Things are more
palatable when sickly it seems!

I have my mint in a large pot as I won't allow it to grow in the garden. At
the moment there is not to many leaves on it. Every spring I empty out the
pot and plant back only a few roots. Come summer the pot is full of lush
green growth. It's not like anyone makes mint sauce for a roast lamb either
but it remains to keep the peace!!!!

Old 28-05-2010, 10:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Fri, 28 May 2010 14:28:46 +0800, Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

Hi All
I have a pot of mint being eaten, there are snail/slug repellents about
but the mint in the garden isn't being touched? Why?

Baby slugs and snail(little brown spots) or other very small "green"
grubs. Look very closely under all the leaves.