GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Root barrier fabric. Economcal and sources? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/193040-root-barrier-fabric-economcal-sources.html)

terryc 01-08-2010 12:41 PM

Root barrier fabric. Economcal and sources?

It was mentioned on gardening australia today/friday.

Does anyone have any experience?
A bit of searching didn't return any online places with any prices, so
I'm wondering about the price.

T.I.A.

loosecanon 01-08-2010 01:18 PM

"terryc" wrote in message
It was mentioned on gardening australia today/friday.

Does anyone have any experience?
A bit of searching didn't return any online places with any prices, so
I'm wondering about the price.

T.I.A.

I have a wholesaler that sells weedmat type stuff. I have also purchased
what they call geotextile cloth. Both are much of a muchness. The root
barrier material he use though was new to me the others I have seen are
black.

terryc 01-08-2010 04:52 PM

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:01:44 +1000, atec77 wrote:

On 1/08/2010 9:41 PM, terryc wrote:
It was mentioned on gardening australia today/friday.

Does anyone have any experience?
A bit of searching didn't return any online places with any prices, so
I'm wondering about the price.

T.I.A.

old cheap nylon carpet
replace every 10 years

No good as it has holes too large and roots can penetrate.

SG1[_3_] 01-08-2010 11:09 PM

"Loosecanon" wrote in message

"terryc" wrote in message
It was mentioned on gardening australia today/friday.

Does anyone have any experience?
A bit of searching didn't return any online places with any prices, so
I'm wondering about the price.

T.I.A.

I have a wholesaler that sells weedmat type stuff. I have also purchased
what they call geotextile cloth. Both are much of a muchness. The root
barrier material he use though was new to me the others I have seen are
black.

The stuff I used to keep roots out 25 years ago is brown smooth on one side
furry on the other. Still have some left and still in good nick after all
these decades.

loosecanon 02-08-2010 09:10 AM

Root barrier fabric. Economcal and sources?

The stuff I used to keep roots out 25 years ago is brown smooth on one
side furry on the other. Still have some left and still in good nick after
all these decades.

Not carpet underlay? If it is the ddt is keeping it together!