GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rose pruning time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/193170-rose-pruning-time.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 09-08-2010 03:48 AM

rose pruning time

It seems to be some universal law that whatever is really good in the world
has some horrid disadvantage.

Booze wrecks your liver.
Chocolate makes you fat
Roses have to be pruned.

Having successfully removed the link between sex and excessive child bearing
I think it is important that scientists now put all their efforts into
finding a pill for the other three real quick.

David

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 09-08-2010 05:48 AM

rose pruning time

SG1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
It seems to be some universal law that whatever is really good in the
world has some horrid disadvantage.

Booze wrecks your liver.
Chocolate makes you fat
Roses have to be pruned.

Having successfully removed the link between sex and excessive child
bearing I think it is important that scientists now put all their
efforts into finding a pill for the other three real quick.

David

Don't grow roses.

Don't eat chocolate or drink booze.

SG1[_3_] 09-08-2010 06:37 AM

rose pruning time

SG1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
It seems to be some universal law that whatever is really good in the
world has some horrid disadvantage.

Booze wrecks your liver.
Chocolate makes you fat
Roses have to be pruned.

Having successfully removed the link between sex and excessive child
bearing I think it is important that scientists now put all their
efforts into finding a pill for the other three real quick.

David

Don't grow roses.

Don't eat chocolate or drink booze.

Close, I eat chocolate & yes I am of the round variety. When folk say see ya
round, I tell them I am not any other shape.
I believe that if ya can't eat it, don't grow it.

terryc 09-08-2010 12:17 PM

rose pruning time

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:10:15 +1000, SG1 wrote:

Don't grow roses.

Hey, don't say that. I'm planning to be a rich old pensioner by selling
bunny poo as rose fertiliser par excellance.

terryc 09-08-2010 12:22 PM

rose pruning time

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:37:23 +1000, SG1 wrote:

Close, I eat chocolate & yes I am of the round variety. When folk say
see ya round, I tell them I am not any other shape. I believe that if ya
can't eat it, don't grow it.

Hmm, perhaps If you didn't grow it, then don't eat it might lead to being
less round and more stable on slopes {:-).

loosecanon 10-08-2010 12:49 PM

rose pruning time

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
It seems to be some universal law that whatever is really good in the
world has some horrid disadvantage.

Booze wrecks your liver.
Chocolate makes you fat
Roses have to be pruned.

Having successfully removed the link between sex and excessive child
bearing I think it is important that scientists now put all their efforts
into finding a pill for the other three real quick.

David

Pruned 20 yesterday and 56 today more to go at other places