GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   (goddess?) bamboo doing really badly. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/194389-goddess-bamboo-doing-really-badly.html)

nogogo 10-11-2010 08:15 PM

(goddess?) bamboo doing really badly.

Hi gang.

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea why our bamboo (I
think it's a clumping, dwarf variety called goddess bamboo) looks
all yellow and spotty, and just isn't doing at all well?

When we first got it a few years ago, it was in a pot. It was very
green and covered in leaves, with new shoots coming on. We fed it
and watered it regularly. But after a few months it went from
looking really great, to really scrappy, just hanging on by a
thread sort of thing.

It's been potted on, moved between half a dozen houses, and
planted out in at least 2 different places, but it's never picked
up. I have no idea what to do to help this poor thing.

We are on the red clay, on the Atherton tablelands.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Remain in light.
~Adrian