Old 26-11-2010, 03:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Glysophate

Does glysophate have a shelf life?
Is this self life affected by leaving the chemical already mixed in the
sprayer?
Is there any point in adding a dash of detergent to assist the spray in
sticking to the leaves?

Don

Old 26-11-2010, 12:38 PM posted to aus.gardens

Donald R Smith wrote:
Does glysophate have a shelf life?

Not in my experience. Well, it is over 10 years at least.

supposedly. it only breaks down if it comes into contact with soil. so
it should break down inside a clean sprayer.

Old 26-11-2010, 11:32 PM posted to aus.gardens

Blair wrote:
I tend to add a bit of Seasol to any chemical sprays I use.
I have convinced myself it helps with the uptake but I could just be kidding
myself.

Well, fertilise first, then spray later is a tool to increase uptake
with some plants, so you could be right.