GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Some Spring for you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/199940-some-spring-you.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 05-10-2011 06:34 AM

Some Spring for you

This is for all those northern hemisphere people who are getting grumpy
because the frost is coming (or arrived already) and their tomatoes are
still green. It is for those not looking forward to being indoors reading
seed catalogs for the next 5 months worrying about fuel bills.

It features blossoms, new life and includes some nubile ladies and a hairy
young male wriggling naked in the clover as our many of our forebears were
wont to do at this time of year.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/...Spring%202011/

David

Bloke Down The Pub 05-10-2011 02:12 PM

Some Spring for you

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
This is for all those northern hemisphere people who are getting grumpy
because the frost is coming (or arrived already) and their tomatoes are
still green. It is for those not looking forward to being indoors reading
seed catalogs for the next 5 months worrying about fuel bills.

It features blossoms, new life and includes some nubile ladies and a hairy
young male wriggling naked in the clover as our many of our forebears were
wont to do at this time of year.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/...Spring%202011/

David

Do the mulberries have a make and model? I have a fairly new white mulberry
tree which is just bursting leaf buds and my neighbour has a black mulberry
with giant black fruit overhanging my fence (but not for long when I am out
there) I am just hoping that mine is a late season bearer and the
neighbours is early season if yours turns out to be mid season I may have to
get another one.

Mike

I am in W.A. for clarity

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 05-10-2011 10:09 PM

Some Spring for you

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
[...]

Standard black mulberry AFAIK, very vigorous they have grown from cutting
25cm high to small trees 3m high in 3 years.

David

Bloke Down The Pub 06-10-2011 12:34 PM

Some Spring for you

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that info. I can only assume that as we have had a fairly mild
winter and an early spring, which caught me napping, that the neighbours
tree is a little more advanced this year than your.

Still crossing my fingers for the white mulberry to be a late bearer.

Mike

Jeßus[_8_] 10-10-2011 12:50 AM

Some Spring for you

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:34:46 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

This is for all those northern hemisphere people who are getting grumpy
because the frost is coming

LOL, we had frost this morning (Tassie)... the days are glorious
though :)