Old 19-01-2012, 11:45 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Days below freezing

Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

Dick
Old 20-01-2012, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

Dick Adams wrote:
Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

Dick

If you mean 3 or more days a year, yes there are many places all over the
southern half of the continent not on the coast where this would apply. If
you need regular low temps then go for the southern highlands or Tasmania.

This may help:

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climat...05&product=min

What did you have in mind?

David

Old 20-01-2012, 03:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

Dick

Canberra ACT, Yass NSW and Puckapunyal Vic

Old 20-01-2012, 06:28 AM posted to aus.gardens

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

If you mean 3 or more days a year, yes there are many places
all over the southern half of the continent not on the coast
where this would apply. If you need regular low temps then
go for the southern highlands or Tasmania.

This may help:
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climat...05&product=min

What did you have in mind?

The only good thing about winter is that sub-zero tempertures
kill insects. I'm told Armidale and Jindabyne have four
seasons.

Old 21-01-2012, 01:41 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:45:08 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

Yes, right where I live - Tasmania. We regularly get minimums of -6C
during winter.

Old 21-01-2012, 01:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:28:18 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

If you mean 3 or more days a year, yes there are many places
all over the southern half of the continent not on the coast
where this would apply. If you need regular low temps then
go for the southern highlands or Tasmania.

This may help:
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climat...05&product=min

What did you have in mind?

The only good thing about winter is that sub-zero tempertures
kill insects.

Nothing better than to go outside at first light, everything dead
still and white with frost, which crunches with every footstep.
I love it and wish summer would hurry up and end
Old 21-01-2012, 05:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 12:41:22 +1100, Jeßus wrote:

Yes, right where I live - Tasmania. We regularly get minimums of -6C
during winter.

Are you tempted to move back to Kiama yet? :-)

Old 23-01-2012, 09:39 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

Are there inhabitable places in Australia where the
nighttime temperature is 0 or below for 3 or more
days?

If you mean 3 or more days a year, yes there are many places
all over the southern half of the continent not on the coast
where this would apply. If you need regular low temps then
go for the southern highlands or Tasmania.

This may help:
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climat...05&product=min

What did you have in mind?

The only good thing about winter is that sub-zero tempertures
kill insects. I'm told Armidale and Jindabyne have four
seasons.

Also in areas such as the Southern Tablelands (Goulburn through to
Jindabyne), the Southern Highlands (Mittagong to Goulburn) lots of inland
areas of Victoria, the hills outside Adelaide and probably all of Tasmania
except for the beach areas.