Old 14-10-2012, 08:08 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default I need an all-year flowering garden.

I can't answer your question, but the Azalea shrub is a very showy
and prolific flowerer. I know that in Sydney, if you plant a
selection and chose the varieties wisely you can have an Azalea in
full bloom almost every month of the year.

They need pruning back every year or two, and they do look a bit
drab when flowering is over, with all those dead flowers....

Old 18-11-2012, 12:31 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 14 Oct 2012 07:08:44 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

I can't answer your question, but the Azalea shrub is a very showy
and prolific flowerer. I know that in Sydney, if you plant a
selection and chose the varieties wisely you can have an Azalea in
full bloom almost every month of the year.

They need pruning back every year or two, and they do look a bit
drab when flowering is over, with all those dead flowers....

Driving about the town one notices in tended
gardens a mass of flowers at least somewhere in
the garden, usually on bushes. Clearly, these
are tended gardens. Camellias are a good example.
I'll have to get samples and find out what they
are.