Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default blood plums and sewage

I have a blood plum sort of near an absorption trench for the
septic.these plums are never very nice, not very sweet.
would the trench from the septic affect the plums?
The absorption trench starts a bit downhill from the tree.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

"F Murtz" wrote in message
nd.com...
I have a blood plum sort of near an absorption trench for the septic.these
plums are never very nice, not very sweet.
would the trench from the septic affect the plums?
The absorption trench starts a bit downhill from the tree.

If you drop any fruit as you harvest it, then don't eat it. If any part of
the tree dangles close to the ground where wind might bring the fruit into
contact with the ground then don't use any fruit from that part of the tree.
If you water the tree and there is a chance of any water splashing back up
onto the fruit on the tree then I'd say don't eat that fruit eirhter. Other
than those instances, I'd eat any fruit from the tree but I'd still wash it
well.