Old 28-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered User

Location: Australia
Default Garden Pest Control

Hello all, i had put my question in a discussion but thinking of to start a new thread. I wanted to know that i have pest attack in my garden and i don't know who are they. They are sticky, creepy little monsters and i don't know from where they come to my garden... I hate using poison in my garden so that tell me the best way to control these monsters
Old 28-03-2013, 10:06 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jasper32 wrote:
Hello all, i had put my question in a discussion but thinking of to
start a new thread. I wanted to know that i have pest attack in my
garden and i don't know who are they. They are sticky, creepy little
monsters and i don't know from where they come to my garden... I hate
using poison in my garden so that tell me the best way to control
these monsters

Need more information, there are a huge number of bugs out there and you
haven't narrowed it down much at all.

What do they look like? Size? Shape? Colour? Legs? Wings? Noise? Smell?

What do they sit on?

What effect do they have on plants?

David

Old 30-03-2013, 12:17 AM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 21:06:21 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Jasper32 wrote:
Hello all, i had put my question in a discussion but thinking of to
start a new thread. I wanted to know that i have pest attack in my
garden and i don't know who are they. They are sticky, creepy little
monsters and i don't know from where they come to my garden... I hate
using poison in my garden so that tell me the best way to control
these monsters

Need more information, there are a huge number of bugs out there and you
haven't narrowed it down much at all.

What do they look like? Size? Shape? Colour? Legs? Wings? Noise? Smell?

What do they sit on?

What effect do they have on plants?

Or even WHERE is the OP?
He's posting from that awful 'banter' forum...
Old 30-03-2013, 12:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Jasper32 wrote:
Hello all, i had put my question in a discussion but thinking of to
start a new thread. I wanted to know that i have pest attack in my
garden and i don't know who are they. They are sticky, creepy little
monsters and i don't know from where they come to my garden... I
hate using poison in my garden so that tell me the best way to
control these monsters

Need more information, there are a huge number of bugs out there and
you haven't narrowed it down much at all.

What do they look like? Size? Shape? Colour? Legs? Wings? Noise?
Smell?

What do they sit on?

What effect do they have on plants?

Or even WHERE is the OP?
He's posting from that awful 'banter' forum...

Oh, I didn't notice that, I assumed in this NG (unlike rec.gardens for
instance) they were from Oz, silly me.

The fact that so many vague and unanswerable questions come from there is
bad enough. That when prompted they almost never provide any further
details has me totally mystified. Perhaps they are a group of refugees from
alt.gardening.mindreaders ;-)

Old 31-03-2013, 04:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Jasper32 wrote:
[...]

They certainly know nothing about Usenet...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Jasper32 wrote:
[...]

It has nothing to do with the poster. It's GardenBanter ("A web gateway
to the finest gardening newsgroups") - this is from one of their FAQs:

What happens when I post on this forum?
This forum is a mirror of a collection of Usenet newsgroups. Usenet is
made up of thousands of news servers all over the world. When you post
your message, it is distributed to these news servers where people will
connect to their own local news server via a News reader and be able to
read your message. Once your message is posted, even if it is deleted
from this forum, copies of your message will still exist on other news
servers around the world permanently. This distributed posting system is
Usenet's main strength however it should be noted that once the post is
made it is impossible to ever completely delete it.

It also picks up new posts in Usenet groups and adds these to its forum
(these appear as "external usenet poster").under the poster's name,
whereas a new post directly in GardenBanter has "Registered user" under
the poster's name. This information does not appear in the Usenet group
in which the post is repeated).

The problem is the random nature of the group which GardenBanter selects
on Usenet to put postings made to its forum. It started with
uk.rec.gardening, then added rec.gardens, and now seems to have added
aus.gardens. Crazy - no rhyme or reason.

There are also other similar forums such as DIYBanter. There are
probably many others.

--

Jeff
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered User

Location: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper32 View Post
Hello all, i had put my question in a discussion but thinking of to start a new thread. I wanted to know that i have pest attack in my garden and i don't know who are they. They are sticky, creepy little monsters and i don't know from where they come to my garden... I hate using poison in my garden so that tell me the best way to control these monsters

pest control in Brisbane
Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Banned

Location: Australia

For this purpose you can use sprays or can get the services of experts which are better option for you.I think you should not avoid these pest because it may cause of danger for your garden. You should concern with the experts of this field.

Pest control with a pond EJ Ponds 4 31-03-2003 06:56 PM
pest control Joseph Amil Orchids 1 30-03-2003 02:20 PM
Pest Control Tony Gent United Kingdom 0 16-12-2002 12:55 PM