Old 14-12-2013, 10:11 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Hot Stuff

A couple of months back got 4 Jalapeno and 1 Habanero plants. A friend of
SWMBO wants some seeds there is only a small problem the fruit does not
ripen, it is eaten before. The habanero is a very prolific bush lots of
small fruit and the jalapenos are of average size and nice and warm. I will
have to sacrifice 1 fruit from both and let them fully ripen for seed as the
friend has success going such from seed, which I would like to say I have
but alas it is not so.

Old 25-12-2013, 11:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

On 15/12/2013 10:12 pm, Bloke Down The Pub wrote:

"SG1" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:29:56 +1100, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:11:08 +1000, "SG1" wrote:

A couple of months back got 4 Jalapeno and 1 Habanero plants. A friend
of
SWMBO wants some seeds there is only a small problem the fruit does not
ripen, it is eaten before. The habanero is a very prolific bush lots of
small fruit and the jalapenos are of average size and nice and warm. I
will
have to sacrifice 1 fruit from both and let them fully ripen for seed
as the
friend has success going such from seed, which I would like to say I
have
but alas it is not so.

Possums.

Possibly.

When I lived in Kiama, *something* was eating my chillies but I doubt
it was possums doing it.

I think you missed the point I am eating them...

I thought to myself what would happen here in the same situation and
realised the gardener would be the culprit.

I would suggest choosing 2 of the best pods from each plant and then mark
them for your own future reference as the pair that will be allowed to
ripen, as opposed to the usual "they look about ripe for picking" and with
any luck you will get the pick of the litter when the seeds germinate.

Mike

It all boils down to "won't power"!!

--

Xeno

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
SI ***Hot stuff - check this out !!! SI tinman4 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 28-01-2006 05:37 PM
Stuff they never tell you-vegetables and composting stuff Tuckermor Edible Gardening 0 29-11-2004 04:07 PM