What do you get???

Old 23-08-2016, 11:49 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

Default What do you get???

In aus.electronics Je?us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:28:27 +1200, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet Je?us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??

I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.

Oh, right. I wasn't aware you could change feedback once you left it.

I think it's only if the seller requests that you change it. I'm not
sure how the process works after that.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#
Old 24-08-2016, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digit...odule/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)

Andy Wood

So why lump it in with many pictures of a completely different thing
under the heading
Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering
?
anyone looking for this would be wanting a unit to connect to the water
to control it,It looks like deception is the idea, but why I have no
idea because If anyone ordered it under a misapprehension, complaints
are bound to follow

Old 24-08-2016, 04:17 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

In aus.electronics F Murtz wrote:
Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

[...]

People click on it in the search results because it looks like what
they want and is the cheapest price. Then they see that the price
is for another item, then select the item they want, the price goes
up, they're too lazy to find another listing where the price for
the item they want might be cheaper, so they buy it anyway.

The sellers probably wear the complaints from buyers who buy the
cheap item that they don't want by mistake.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
[...]

Actually I don't know if you can with ebay but I know that you can with
AliExpress and / or DealExtreme if it's within a certain time.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Old 25-08-2016, 07:09 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

[...]

If you click on it it gives no alternatives

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Just heaps of pictures of something that I believe you will not get and
one pic of the white thing, The whole thing makes no sense.
Old 25-08-2016, 07:28 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

Pick a shape!

* you need to select a "shape" using the "shape" dialog before you can order

* only one choice is available

* when you choose it the picture shows the white one.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:55 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics

web.com...
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

In the specs it says colour white, so I am going with the consensus and
saying white.

For just a little more I bought this at Masters
https://www.masters.com.au/product/9...c-watering-kit

Mike