GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What do you get??? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/213440-what-do-you-get.html)

F Murtz 22-08-2016 09:27 AM

What do you get???

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Don McKenzie 22-08-2016 09:47 AM

What do you get???

On 22/08/2016 5:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Just the timer without batteries by the look of it.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics has just launched a new Shopping Cart.
Now located at: https://www.shop-dontronics.com

All Olimex products now 75% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
https://www.shop-dontronics.com/olimex-discounts
Many other items discounted up to 95% off.
Also discounts on Sparkfun, CCS, SimmStick, etc.

Rheilly Phoull[_2_] 22-08-2016 10:19 AM

What do you get???

On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.

F Murtz 22-08-2016 10:38 AM

What do you get???

Rheilly Phoull wrote:
On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.

The white thing looks like a timer out of some other system.I do not
think the white thing and the green thing are anything to do with each
other but the add goes into great detail pictorially with the green
thing and puts one picture of something totally different.
I personally guess that the $8.00 thing is the white thing and the green
thing should be $18.oo judging by other sites.(But I would like to get
the green one for $8.00)

Jasen Betts 22-08-2016 12:03 PM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

F Murtz 22-08-2016 06:50 PM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

Jeßus[_14_] 23-08-2016 12:08 AM

What do you get???

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??

Andy Wood 23-08-2016 12:12 AM

What do you get???

F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... yRLiZS3OWK1cw

Andy Wood

Computer Nerd Kev 23-08-2016 12:55 AM

What do you get???

In aus.electronics Andy Wood wrote:

F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...-Timer-Garden-
Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item
21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...Watering-Timer
-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525
c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw

Yeah, this is very common on Ebay for popular items. They make a
multi-item listing with a picture of the more expensive item, and
the price for the cheaper item appears in the search results. That
way they get better visibility in the results for the more expensive
item even though they have the same price as everyone else.

If you try to find something like an 8GB USB memory stick, it will
drive you nuts because all the prices that come up will be for 128MB
sticks, and you only get to see the 8GB price after bringing up a
listing page and selecting the correct item.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#

F Murtz 23-08-2016 06:33 AM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.

F Murtz 23-08-2016 06:35 AM

What do you get???

F Murtz wrote:

[...]

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

~misfit~[_4_] 23-08-2016 08:28 AM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people:) highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??

I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Andy Wood 23-08-2016 02:38 PM

What do you get???

F Murtz wrote:

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digit...odule/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)

Andy Wood

Jeßus[_14_] 23-08-2016 11:39 PM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.

No, the white ones are not a water timer - just purely an electronic
timer you can connect to whatever you want.

Jeßus[_14_] 23-08-2016 11:39 PM

What do you get???

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
[...]

Oh, right. I wasn't aware you could change feedback once you left it.

Computer Nerd Kev 24-08-2016 12:49 AM

What do you get???

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
[...]

I think it's only if the seller requests that you change it. I'm not
sure how the process works after that.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#

F Murtz 24-08-2016 03:58 AM

What do you get???

Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digit...odule/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)

Andy Wood

So why lump it in with many pictures of a completely different thing
under the heading
Automatic-Electronic-Water-Timer-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering
?
anyone looking for this would be wanting a unit to connect to the water
to control it,It looks like deception is the idea, but why I have no
idea because If anyone ordered it under a misapprehension, complaints
are bound to follow

Computer Nerd Kev 24-08-2016 05:17 AM

What do you get???

In aus.electronics F Murtz wrote:
Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

[...]

People click on it in the search results because it looks like what
they want and is the cheapest price. Then they see that the price
is for another item, then select the item they want, the price goes
up, they're too lazy to find another listing where the price for
the item they want might be cheaper, so they buy it anyway.

The sellers probably wear the complaints from buyers who buy the
cheap item that they don't want by mistake.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
[...]

Actually I don't know if you can with ebay but I know that you can with
AliExpress and / or DealExtreme if it's within a certain time.

F Murtz 25-08-2016 08:09 AM

What do you get???

Andy Wood wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

[...]

If you click on it it gives no alternatives

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Just heaps of pictures of something that I believe you will not get and
one pic of the white thing, The whole thing makes no sense.

Jasen Betts 25-08-2016 08:28 AM

What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

Pick a shape!

* you need to select a "shape" using the "shape" dialog before you can order

* only one choice is available

* when you choose it the picture shows the white one.

Bloke Down The Pub 05-09-2016 12:55 PM

What do you get???

web.com...
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?

In the specs it says colour white, so I am going with the consensus and
saying white.

For just a little more I bought this at Masters
https://www.masters.com.au/product/9...c-watering-kit

Mike