Old 11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
A bit more than

Default Backyard Blitz, MY GOD!!!!!

The ****ing idiots used fibro as flooring. Give it 3 years and watch the big
court case!!!!

Old 11-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Wallaby

"A bit more than" wrote in message
The ****ing idiots used fibro as flooring. Give it 3 years and watch the

big
court case!!!!

Old 11-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Wallaby

So OK tipsy, what's wrong with Fibro Cement Sheeting??
Or are you just a little more than tipsy when viewing this program?

Old 12-05-2003, 03:32 AM
A bit more than

On Sun, 11 May 2003 12:02:41 GMT, "Wallaby" wrote:

So OK tipsy, what's wrong with Fibro Cement Sheeting??
Or are you just a little more than tipsy when viewing this program?

It is too brittle for flooring use.

Old 12-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Jeremy Lunn

In article , A bit more than wrote:
So OK tipsy, what's wrong with Fibro Cement Sheeting??
Or are you just a little more than tipsy when viewing this program?

It is too brittle for flooring use.

I didn't think anything they did on that program is supposed to last
more than 2 weeks.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia

Old 12-05-2003, 12:57 PM
ax

Oz Sailor wrote:
"A bit more than" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 11 May 2003 12:02:41 GMT, "Wallaby" wrote:

So OK tipsy, what's wrong with Fibro Cement Sheeting??
Or are you just a little more than tipsy when viewing this program?

It is too brittle for flooring use.

Crap. I know of many places where this Fibro Cement (Flooring) Sheeting was
used around 30 years ago in the wet areas of the houses and they are still
good today. These sheets were designed with this use in mind and are about
25mm thick, they are NOT the ordinary wall sheeting. One reason they used
two uncut sheets is that they are hard to cut without "Masonary" cutting
discs.

I think you had better do some research before shooting open your mouth.
Oz Sailor

Put 20mm thick cement sheets on floor as part of bathroom renovations,
still going strong after 6 yrs. If you are still here in 20yrs i'll give
you an update.

ax

Old 12-05-2003, 01:08 PM
evan

ive heard alot of talk saying that these shows are just window dressing.
the stuff they make is not made to last, just to make a tv show.

ev.

Old 14-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Helena

I gave up watching that show after a few episodes. Their backyard projects
are too cutesy and contrived for my liking. Looks like far too much
maintenance, like you have to go outside and vacuum and dust and tidy up
just like inside, as if I don't have enough of that already! With all the
wind we get here in Perth, those Bali type huts would be a mess in no time.

Old 15-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Derat

Helena wrote:
With all the
wind we get here in Perth, those Bali type huts would be a mess in no time.

Ya will have to lay off the baked beans then

Old 18-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Helena

"Derat" wrote in message

Helena wrote:
With all the
wind we get here in Perth, those Bali type huts would be a mess in no

time.

Ya will have to lay off the baked beans then

Oy vey, such a comedian! Maybe I could laugh except for the fact that half
my back fence was destroyed during the storm last week and now we have to
deal with all the ensuing crap, i.e., finding a fencer who has the brains to
return my phone call, cleaning up the crushed plants, etc.

Old 27-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Megan Mansfield

I was listening to a landscaper on the radio who said he was sick and tired
of having to fix up the problems people have had after the 'Backyard' TV
people have been. Things start to fall apart about a week after they have
gone and it costs the owners to fix it up. He said "How can you do in a
weekend what it takes a professional landscaper 2 weeks to do. Nothing is
set properly, everything is off square and the plants suffer stress because
of poor preparation.

Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 AM
arien

In defence of Backyard Blitz, those guys work beyond the normal working hours. A
professional landscaper would be doing each job one by one, from 9-5pm.
The backyard blitz team do midnight shifts aswell to get the job done, and there is
several of them working on different jobs simultaneously.

I also suspect that they would spend weeks beforehand ensuring all the materials
necessary are ready (well, probably not *them* but some employed assistant).

In article , says...

A bit more than wrote:
The ****ing idiots used fibro as flooring. Give it 3 years and watch

the big
court case!!!!

--
Mel

Please post reply to newsgroup. Reply address isn't valid.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Lushy

MMMMMM then you have the hassle of getting someone that stays on the job all
day and doesnt go surfing when its I hate tradies on the Mornington Pen
Victoria
. au...

Old 23-06-2003, 02:56 PM
joseph drozdek

As a prof. landscaper myself I would have to agree with those views that the
gardens on B.B. are not portraying to the general public the "real time" and
effort that goes into them. I am sure they have plenty of behind the scenes
"help" and im not convinced that a garden built in that amount of time is
built to last.
Why mislead the public? It just makes our jobs harder!

Candice
Suburban Sanctuaries
. au...