Old 12-05-2003, 02:44 AM
iles

Default vegie gardem

hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I should put in
my vegie garden now? I live in frost prone area.
thanks in advance

Old 12-05-2003, 11:44 AM
China

Any of the cabbage family, and carrots, lettuce, onions, onions, onions,
garlic, silverbeet,
red beet, peas, , peas, , peas, , peas, , peas, and flowers, leeks, radish,
and when you have nothing to do, go and have a look around your local seed
seller and library. There is no better time to get on top of the weeds
either!
May you get sick of the rain!
If you have a small patch of garden that you know you will not use untill
spring, then drop some Alfalfa or Mung bean seeds over it.

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 PM

On Mon, 12 May 2003 11:50:17 +1000, iles
wrote:

hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I should put in
my vegie garden now? I live in frost prone area.
thanks in advance

Hi
Unless it is very cold where you live, you should get away with
planting broad beans now. It's prbably a bit late to plant brassica
eedlings which is a pity because they eat well
Kale is probably the hardiest, tbut it's not popular and you might
have difficulty findidn some.
Try loking in the seeedsmans windor and see what sort of seedlings
he's raising (I suspect not many)
Perhaps it would be better to spend your time organising your
seedlings for next year.
And make sure you've got peas ready to go
Barrie

3D Gardem design for PCs John Nolan United Kingdom 4 26-08-2009 10:18 AM
vegie filter. lee Ponds 10 01-06-2004 12:04 AM
BEST VEGIE SEEDS Romy Beeck Gardening 10 15-02-2004 02:32 AM
New Vegie Garden advice required Tony Australia 13 21-09-2003 02:02 PM
vegie garden iles Australia 3 12-05-2003 12:45 AM