GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellowing Grevillea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/22411-yellowing-grevillea.html)

Wingnut 14-05-2003 08:44 AM

Yellowing Grevillea

Anybody got any suggestions as to what may be causing yellowing of the leaves on my Grevillea spp. especially at the top of the plant.

I've been told that it might be an iron deficiency so I've tried adding chelated iron but to little effect, it seems.

Comments welcome.

Steve

Rob Eastwood 16-05-2003 10:44 AM

Yellowing Grevillea

Using fertilisers that aren't low in phosphorus can cause yellowing
(phosphorus poisoning).

If not fertiliser related, a few more details would help - which species,
what sort of soil, what region are you in?

It's unusual for G. species to have iron deficiency except on alkaline or
very impoverished sandy soils. We do have the problem where we put down
some of the neighbours leftover liydale toppings (limestone pieces) under
some paving.

Rob
u...