Old 15-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Rita Bogna

Default Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds)

Ruth,

They grow very easily from seed, but very slowly, and you'll have to
wait a long time from flowers. No special treatment is needed. It's
best to sow seed within 2 weeks of collecting it. You can throw it on
the ground and cover it lightly. Keep it moist but don't expect quick
germination. They can take 3-4 months to appear. I sowed mine this
time last year and nothing happened till early winter.

Hope this helps.

Rita.

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:34:39 +1100, Ruth wrote:

I'm aware that a lot of people frown up the idea of putting in more
agapanthus but I have just the spot for a few of these!

I've collected the pods\seeds of the ones which have finished
flowering and would ask "do I just throw them on the ground" or do
something else with them, to have a few grow?!

Many thanks.

Ruth.