GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slaters in worm farm (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/2308-slaters-worm-farm.html)

Mousie 16-02-2003 10:52 AM

Slaters in worm farm

I have a worm farm bursting with worms who seem very happy, but sharing
their abode a hundreds of slaters. They have just appeared over the last
few days or so. Are they a bad thing? If so, how can I get rid of them
while not hurting my worms?

Thanks in anticipation

--
Mousie

3 )~

---

Just a little bit 16-02-2003 11:04 AM

Slaters in worm farm

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:52:43 +0800, "Mousie"
wrote:

I have a worm farm bursting with worms who seem very happy, but sharing
their abode a hundreds of slaters. They have just appeared over the last
few days or so. Are they a bad thing? If so, how can I get rid of them
while not hurting my worms?

Slaters are a type of lice, they won't eat your worms. What they do eat is
decaying vegetable matter.